chewing wood

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My horses chew on the wood when they are bored. I got a toy that you can fill with alfalfa cubes and they have to roll it around to get the food out...It takes them a long time and keeps them busy in between our feedings....and it has saved my barn!

need to add, if you have those rubber play balls, hang one from the stall wall and I have 3 more different sizes on the stall floor too. and one outside in the pen too. If you dont have the rubber play balls, get tons of milk jugs, they love to crush them and make noise. hang them, put them loose on the dground. and too put a blanket, yep, like a heavy baby blanket down on the ground, they think they are magicians and try to cover each other up with it. when alone, my boy just twirls the blanket around, funny to watch. I will let you know how my new rubber muzzle will work, he will still be able to crib/ suck, but not wear his teeth down with it, i hope.

Just wanted to say you are one super horse mom.
default_wub.png
default_wink.png

My horses have attention, lots of hay, and many toys, and one will still chew on the wood now and then. I spray Bitter Apple on it and they stop. I have to keep track to see if they've moved to another place though.
default_rolleyes.gif
The cat starts the spots by sharpening her claws on them.

Just wanted to say you are one super horse mom.
default_wub.png
default_wink.png

Thank you!
default_wub.png
That is everyones dream to hear someone say that.

I try, but I wish I had more time. I had some health scares this past year so they haven't been messed with too much lately. I love being out with them. I am shopping a new saddle right now ( dentist didn't like mine) so hopefully can make it a nice busy riding summer.

Just looked into training for Charlotte to drive. Ouch! It was expensive to do it right. Can't swing it right now. I'm gonna have to try and learn to work with her myself.

Latest posts

Back