Cat vs. Dog

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoveMyGelding

Reaction score
Many of you know that we recently got my mom's golden retriever back. When my mom and I lived together before we only had my cats. I moved out of my dad's house to live with my mom and at the time my cats had to go "stay at grandma's" because my mom's roomate had a dog that didn't get along with cats. So long story short my cats and the dog Roadie have never lived together. The cats were pretty upset when this huge thing moved in but they got used to him really quick. Roadie is good with the cats and only chases them once in awhile. The problem is that recently two of my cats basically have it out for Roadie. They will just run up to him and attack. They don't bite and don't have front claws but they can pack a punch pretty hard. Now the dog is walking around the house with a complex. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just one of the cats. I find it really funny because my 28lb cat is attacking our 125lb dog. :bgrin And he just sits there and takes it. Does anybody know what we can do? This poor dog is walking around this house depressed and I swear is has to do with that. To make matters worse the cats are always laying on Roadie's bone and won't let him have it and they will go lay down on his tennis balls so he can't play with them. Its easy to figure out what to do with a bullying dog but bully cats? Any advice?

Well, I had a cat that was a bully. When he got obnoxios towards the dog, I would use a squirt bottle with plain water in it and spray a stream at the cat. Now the big question would be can you hit just the cat and not the dog? Will your dog think he has done something wrong if he accidently got wet?

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back