cart wheels

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piper

Reaction score
So I bought a cart at a garage sale it's not an easy entry cart and has enclosed wheels without a single Axel (sulky style?) and I was wondering if anyone here had tried putting non wire spoke wheels on this kind of cart it has pneumatic tires now which I hate (plus there broken)

So..... It's a "framed wheel" - like on a sulky? The frame goes on each side of the wheel/tire and a bolt runs thru the tire/wheel?

I don't really know if any other type of wheel will fit that type of configuration. How wide is the frame? The only thing you could do is check w/ various cart/carriage/wagon wheels and see...

Kingston Saddlery has steel spoke wheels with solid ruber tires. I've used these wheels on several carts and have bee quite happy with them. You may be able to use them on your cart, but have two issues to overcome. One is the width between the forks on your cart. The Kingston wheels are available in several widths, so you may be able to get them to fit that way. The other issue is the bolt/axle diameter. Most of the carts of your style use a small axle bolt and it will be too small for the wheels. You should be able to find a bushing to take up the excess space, but it will take some looking to find the right size. You should be able to find one at a machine or welding shop, ask around to find a reputable one. Oh yes, the wheels are not cheap, about 120.00 each for 21" diameter. Research it carefully, you may decide the cost is more than the cart is worth. GOOD LUCK!

Latest posts

Back