Cancerous BrainTumor

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TN Belle

Reaction score
I am not a very frequent poster, more of an observer by nature. On Oct 24 I had a surprise seizure and after being in a medically induced coma for three days, found that I have a 3.4 cm (inch and half) size tumor in my brain.
default_no.gif
It is inoperable due to its depth and location. After a brain biopsy, they found it is grade three cancer and is about two years old. The plan is to attack it with both radiation and chemo starting this Thursday for everyday for six weeks straight. Due to the location just behind my left ear and in line behind my eye, the long term side effects are loss of memory and cognitive abilities. I will lose my hair on my head where the radiation will go and could possibly not regrow.
default_unsure.png

I am asking for prayer and advice and inspiration. Every cancer is different and every person is different, but it I will have to take it day to day. I have tons of family, friends, co-workers, and even complete strangers helping, it's been amazing to watch God work. I just started a new job, worked a week and two days when it happened, wasn't eligible for anything, but they gave me full pay and short term disability. My church has annoited me and prayed over me. Because of the seizure threat, I can no longer drive, at least for six months under Tennessee law. This treatment will go through the holidays, so please just remember us, my husband Michael too.

I don't have internet at home, so I can't make any replies until tomorrow.

THANKS

I am sorry to hear this but you sound like you are level headed about it.

We will pray for you and yours. Keep your spirits up, a positive attitude WILL make a difference!

Keep us posted, we want to know and help...

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I have no doubt your faith in God will give you great strength.

Oh My Gosh,,,

I am SO SORRY you are going through this. Words sound so trite right now. You will get through this, and all the people on Lil Beginnings have shown again and again how powerful their prayers and thoughts are. We are thinking of you and praying it will heal fast!

I have a very dear friend that has been through this. She had 2 tumors. They were cancerous as well but I cant remember what grade they were though. They did surgery on the ones they could however, hers had fingers that weaved in and out of brain tissue and they were not able to remove many of those. She did radiation like you and started chemo.

When she had her next MRI they found evidence of 5 new tumors. They gave her a choice in treatment or non treatment.

Her choice was to discontinue chemo as it made her terribly ill and was miserable from it. She went to Palm Springs and saw a holistic doctor who asked many many questions, looked over her medical reports, and took blood tests. He prepared a special tea for her that she drank twice a day and put her on a meal plan that concentrated on oxygenating her brain cells. Cancer cannot live in cells that have 90% or better oxygen saturation. It was very expensive but like you she has very strong faith. Within one week, she had anonymous donations of well over 8000 dollars. After 6 months of the tea and special diet, she had a MRI, she was cancer free!

We all know that this could very well be temporary and at some time it is likely that it could come back. But for her time now and health now we are eternally thankful and cherish each and every day we have her with us.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope you can find something that will work for you as well. I will try to find out more information on this if you would like.

Hugs

That must have been such a shock for you and your family
default_no.gif

Read and find out as much as you can .... ask your Dr's and nurses a million questions.

We are lucky to have this Cancer treatment center in our area ....

CancerCenter

it has been a blessing to one of our customers going through Cancer in her Jaw bone.

You and your family will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Stay positive ~ Teri

I am very, very sorry to read this....I have 2 friends who have been through this too.....

You and your family will be in my thoughts....

((((Hugs))))

~kathryn

You and your family are now and will be constantly in my thoughts.

Your post shows very clearly how strong and resilient you are, and these traits will serve you well. I can only imagine what you will be going through, but I have a feeling that you are up to any and all challenges.

Remember... kites rise against, not with, the wind.

susanne

I'm very sorry to hear you are going through this. You absolutely will be in my prayers for a complete recovery.

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear you are having to deal with this. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep us posted as best as you can and I will also say a special prayer for your family as they will have to have strength to help you as well.

(((hugs))) and we are here for you.

Latest posts

Back