Can anyone help??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slaneyrose

Reaction score
It has been suggested that my palomino pinto stallion may be carrying silver so i wonder would anyone look up some of his ancestors for me to check colours?? They are Reeces Magical Willow, Birchwood Suntan and Birchwood Q Tee. thank you.

It has been suggested that my palomino pinto stallion may be carrying silver so i wonder would anyone look up some of his ancestors for me to check colours?? They are Reeces Magical Willow, Birchwood Suntan and Birchwood Q Tee. thank you.
*Reeces Magical Willow: Listed as a pinto sorrel out of a solid dun and pinto chestnut~Foals are Dun, Grullo, Sorrel, Brown & Grey; some solid, some pinto.

*Birchwood Suntan: Solid Palomino with unregistered sire and dam~Foals all Solid Palomino.

*Birchwood Q Tee: Solid Chestnut with unregistered sire and dam~Foals all Solid Palomino.

For whatever it's worth, there are no horses registered as silver dapples.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Suntan is by a Cremello (Tyros Storm of Landbridge)out of a Chestnut (Kerswell Rosa) neither have Silver.

If you give me Q-T's date of birth I can look her up- she will not have Silver. If there is Silver, which I doubt, it will have have to have come from the American side- there is none in the Shetland side of him. I have the Shetland Stud Books up to 1998- I can find out a pedigree after that date but will need to phone a freind!!!
default_smile.png

Cam, thank you so much for that information...At least that narrows it down for identifying my colts colour...must be buckskin or grullo then. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks also RF for the offer but he doesnt have an "american side" as he is american bred on both sides at least 3 generations back.
default_smile.png
I think if he were carrying silver one of the horses Cam found out about would have shown it somewhere, unless the palominos listed were wrongly listed for colour since it would be hard to see silver in palomino. The colts colour is just so similar to my silver dapple filly it has me confused.
default_wacko.png
:

Sorry but the Dam side is British Shetland- hardshipped into the AMHA, which is why Suntan, who is registered in the SPSBS as Kerswell Suntan, as he was bred and originally registered by Jane Dennis, has no registered parents. Kerswell Suntan, as I said, is by Tyros Storm of Landbridge, who is not reg. AMHA, neither is Suntans Dam.

My stallion Twit has Suntan as a grandfather too, and he is Palomino base, near leopard

Suntan, who is registered in the SPSBS as Kerswell Suntan How can you be sure this is the same horse when my stallion`s father is registered as BIRCHWOOD Suntan, how can he have 2 different names?? I thought this wasnt allowed???? I dont mind either way as the influence of the Rowdy line is plain to see in him.....he doesnt look anything like a classic shetland
default_smile.png
thats why I bought him.
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

100a0815.jpg

103a1162.jpg

I do own one classic shetland because she is refined and very correct, this is her...she is put together completely differently.

cameo.jpg

Thanks again Cam for your info too, someone has suggested to me that the silver could be hiding in the palomino so we will just have to wait and see what colour "Slaneyrose Artic Butterfly" ends up being. :lol:

103a1144.jpg

This colour stuff is fun isnt it??!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Kerswell Suntan and Birchwood UK Suntan are definitely the same horse. Kerswell Suntan was hardshipped into the AMHA- the AMHA do not care what name you put on a horse.

I will not go into whether or not I see any Rowdy influence in your horse- but his dam is definitely a registered Shetland.

So, as I said, if there is Silver in there- and I do not think there is, it must come from the American side, as there is none in the Shetland side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen this stallion at shows here in Ireland and he doesnt look anything like a shetland!
default_smile.png
He actually looks very arab-like. JMO

Looks like the silver gene must have been hiding in the palomino all this time? How exciting!!!

Latest posts

Back