Building a tack locker for harnesses and supplies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Specialk

Reaction score
My hubby built me a tack locker for my barn. I don't have a tack room and didn't want to waste the space in our carport barn for a whole room. I am in the process of painting it now. I will keep you updated with progress.

This is a pic of the main unit and one of the doors.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Those bridle hooks are great. And a bargain. I only have one and use a tin can on the peg for the other bridles. I keep thinking I'll order more, but just keep hanging the bridles on the tins!

I use two bicycle hooks for my sulky saddle. The hooks have plastic over the metal so they don't harm the leather and I positioned them the width of the saddle. It hangs really well that way and I lay the breast strap over it.

I know you are excited about your "tack room"!

Great idea! You should post this on the main forum so everyone can enjoy it. Maybe others would like to build one for themselves.
default_yes.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Thanks. I think my hubby took detailed pics of all the steps including supplies.

If you think about it, a lot of tack room space is wasted barn space because the middle is open walking area. You can make a tack locker as big as you want. I figure I can fit three harnesses very comfortely or a saddle if I ever got a full sized horse on one side and my grooming tote, farrier tools on the other, bridles hanging in the doors as well as halters. I am going to put a whip holder on the side and some rods for their fly sheets. Spray bottles and stuff in the doors. Treats and supplements in the bottom. Should hold all my stuff. And like you mentioned, it will cause me to only keep those things I need and I can lock it.

Can't wait to see the finished product! I will have to share with my barn owner, maybe we can all make one so the groom area is more tidy!

The cabinet is 6' tall, 40.5" wide, 24.5" deep.

The doors each 6' tall, 19" wide, and 6" deep. We are almost done putting in the shelves and then I should have completed pics.

I love spray paint. It turns ugly stuff into treasure. I'm loving this project! Can't wait for final pics!!

Latest posts

Back