Bought grand son of "bissel mounds Monte Carlo!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymie124

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've always loved Appys and hoped to get my own. Well. I came across brave heart! He's a 2yro 32" appy stud. His grand sure is bissel mounds Monte Carlo! Brave heart (brave) takes after his grand sire with his spots and his movement! I plan to train him to cart and possibly use him as my herd stallion in 2016. He is also double AMHR and AMHA which is just perfect because one of my girls is am AMHA The other AMHR. I don't want to breed a lot. My primary goals are loving gentle minis. Plus I just am addicted to the fuzzy goofballs. I also prefer to keep my mini count under 5 adults.

It's so funny how things have just lined up for me to be able to get him. 3 years ago I was sorta looking for a stud and decided one day I wanted an appy. I just can't believe this all haha.

I never thought I could afford a double registered good appy. Or even find one near me. Ks isn't known for their minis though we have some great farms! (Shout out at Ewalts, willow roc, and DGR.)

Well brave heart is 5 hours away. And within my budget of under 1000. I was able to get an amazing deal on a hauler to bring him in state and his coggins are good. My wonderful partner is taking me the 11 of January to meet the trailer to pick him up. He's sort of a Christmas present
default_smile.png
and the best one I could ever ask for.

Of course I have attached pics. I wish he had more of a "dishy" face but I am just head over heels on this boy. He's going to be my little buddy

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

AWESOME!!! I seen him and fell in love. So glad he has a great home!! He is beautiful!

Congratulations! I've been drooling over him, but already have my limit of boys. You sure got a nice little appy stud!

Congrats on your new boy! A horse is always the best gift! I am also the proud owner of Bissel Mounds Monte Carlo (HOF).

4x6 monte.jpg

IMG_9943-X2.jpg

IMG_4207edit.jpg

It's so hard not to fall for braveheart! I did the second I saw him! I'm so excited! Don't pinch me I don't wanna wake up! This is like a DREAM come true! Just got done sending the final funds for him!

It's so cool that you're here on the forum and replied! That's just so overwhelmingly neat! Bissel Mounds Monte Carlo is def a BEAUTIFUL GORGEOUS BOY! He's so stunning! I love all his spots and the way he moves is just aww... He stole my heart <3

I'm sure you're very proud of him! I'm just taken with bliss and glee that I am now the owner of a direct grand son of him! I couldn't ask for a better line or better colt!

I am glad I was able to get in there and steal him before any of you mini hoarders got a chance ;) * teasing* his previous owner even has baby pictures of him! I can't wait to see those haha! It's just EEK!!!

I don't know much about the appy gene traits yet. Is it more of a dominate or recessive trait? Any advice would be awesome! Don't mind me over here bouncing with joy. ;)

Thanks! I have had a blast with Monte and was so fun showing him this year to finish his HOF and get more National titles on him! I bet you will have just as much fun with Braveheart. I also have foal pics of him from his breeder. If you want to email me I can send you what I have of him and his dam plus his breeders info. maplehollowfarms at gmail dot com. Appies are tricky to breed. Even if you have a homozygous LP (appy gene) horse you are not guaranteed spots, LP only guarantees expression of the appaloosa which can vary from just characteristics to full leopard. The amount of actual spotting depends on PATN genes which are not testable. Studies have shown that the LP gene can even work off of pinto pattern genes which is how loud colored foals come from a non patterned appy and a pinto cross. If you want better info on the appaloosa genes I suggest you join the Appaloosa Project.

Wow - what neat little horses!! LOVE the appies.

Congrats on your purchase, Jamie124. Have fun with him.

Thanks everyone! I wish January would get here all ready. Forget all the other Christmas presents just give me braveheart! (Already nicknamed him Bravo from the Johnny bravo cartoon it seemed fitting-both ladies men!) I love seeing spots. Haha (had to be punny)

I will def email you maple hollow farm. I love baby pics. Even when they're not related to horses I own. :3 but don't most of us enjoy the baby pics ?

My goal isn't necessarily to breed spots. (Though they're a plus!) More conformation and disposition. I want to possibly use my minis mainly for emotional/physical therapy. I will have to look into the Appaloosa project.

I'm not surprised it's the luck of the draw. Sorta expected it. Didn't think they'd be too easy or there would be lots more
default_smile.png
personally I haven't seen a lot around here. I believe there's a farm up north who focus strongly on appies but other than that pretty much zilch.
default_sad.png

Sorry reply was slow. Just been so drained on energy. Been cloudy for what seems 2 weeks here I'm sure it's contributing to my sleepiness.

Congrats on your new boy- I am sure you will have many hours of enjoyment!

I figured I would chime in as well.

I own a son of Monte, out of Mars Rosebud, who I am just in love with.
default_smile.png
I didn't get spots, but I am NOT sad about it. I definitely got some nice conformation. I can't wait to clip him in the spring and start ground driving him.
default_smile.png

Pictured as a weanling:

10269506_652955128124366_767059087164547089_n.jpg

As a yearling (ignore the patch of fur I missed.....)

10291311_652955921457620_8533667176207387347_n.jpg

Congratulations on your colorful boy!!! We have some of those too and LOVE them. Wishing you much joy with Bravo!!!

you can see our appaloosas at : www.carmelitesminicorral.com

I love your red boy! The conformation really resembles monte! You clipped him way better than I could honestly do. I haven't really done a lot of clipping yet so.. Hahaha lets just say my poor minis!

Thanks so much everyone I am so excited to meet him! I have been busy making bravo a run connected to his stall but the weather isn't really cooperating enough for me! Grounds a bit frozen to pound in tposts... Been getting a workout that's for sure!

Had a lot of family here over Christmas and found myself busy so haven't had time online much!
default_smile.png

The saying "minis are like potato chips you can't just have one" is rediculouslyvtrue with me. Haha

Braveheart's breeder told me about a mare she had Tia who she would sell to me with braveheart for an EXTREMEMLY reasonable great deal. (also double registered) who is a bit stubborn to catch and kicker. She has appy in her bloodline but she herself is pure black. (Not a true she has red in there) she is bred to a beautiful appy blanket stallion for a spring 2015 foal. I have such a soft heart for "problem" ponies and I think she would go nicely with brave later in the future.

So yes I ended up purchasing her as well! I was even able to find someone who could haul them together for a great rate.

So tomorrow night about 10 or so I will get to meet the lovely new ponies!! This isn't the best of pictures of Tia but I know y'all want pics;)

also I was able to get some baby pics of braveheart thanks to Melinda! (Braveheart's grand sire monte's owner)

I will be posting Tia in march on the mare stares so be sure to help me watch her
default_smile.png
I don't have any video cameras but will be posting lots of photos and updates on her as she gets closer.
default_smile.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Monte is one of my favorite stallions congrats on your new boy!

Make sure you do loads of research because mini mares are prone to foaling problems.

Join the mare and foal part of the forum on here and the aunties will be happy to help you.

And I'd work on her as soon as you get her since you need to be very hands on at the end of her pregnancy / if you want to get close to / have a friendly baby.

Oh yes! This is my second foal, and I am pretty sure I've read nearly every book about it! She will for sure be put on the mare stare
default_smile.png

I will be stalling her so she will be getting TONS of individual attention. She is my priority right now and bravos run being completed.

The hauler called yesterday and they had a fellow hauler break down and they helped them. so transport Is actually set for tonight now. (I think it's great that the horses were their priority and they helped) will get some pics tonight but mostly on Thursday since it will be dark tonight!

awesome! glad to hear. its good shes gonna be on marestare so you can have eyes on her at all times and be there for the birth in case she needs any help
default_smile.png

They're here!!! Tia did get a good kick on me. Silly girl.
default_smile.png
she'll get settled in soon. She is soooo much prettier in person!! She does need some love and patience.

Braveheart is just so sweet and he's already my little buddy! I love watching him trot and he's always following me around the barn. So cuddly

I don't have a web cam I can hook up
default_sad.png
I don't live onsite so makes things a bit more difficult. I will be posting pics though
default_smile.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back