border collie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Runamuck he is very handsome, Thanks for sharing the pic!

I love the found at the pound kind but no dogs last very long at our pounds, they have waiting lists for dogs and adopt out very quickly!

I also don't think I look good on paper at the pound
default_rolleyes.gif
: even though I volunteered there for 10 yrs :lol: :lol:

I no longer volunteer but as a group we used to laugh, the volunteers that is, because we said none of us would qualify to adopt at the shelter!

They won't adopt to anyone with small kids, or with unneutered animals, even if adopted pet is already neutered and they like you to bring in your animals to meet them, NOT sure they really do want me to do that :lol: :lol:

I don't disagree with any of their policies they are there for good reason but I don't qualify!

My darling dog who died last year, age 14, was a freebie out of the back of someones car on the side of the street in Boston. She was the most wonderful dog. She looked like a little labx but she had incredible intensity about her ball, until the day she died, she was obsessed with it. But she was the calmest, smartest dog around. Hard to ever replace her but we miss her dearly
default_sad.png
Her pal my other lab is getting awfully fat and lazy and really the jrt's are not the same for her. Hubby says no more labs, he says they are too goofy :eek: kinda true :lol:

Ok I do have to say in defense of BC's and again I wouldnt own one again.. I hear they are wild, crazy, dont have an off switch, herd anything

I will say mine has been laying on my bed for the past 4 hours with a heap of sleeping pups on top of her that is her normal MO she is not bouncing off the walls, herding the other dogs or anything else or killing cats(ok except the barn cats if she could) the worst thing she did was eat a whole cooked roast off the stove top while it was cooling

She is quiet and sleeps most of the day however when I personally say intense by that I mean that she never misses anything, any mood I might have, any change in emotion, any chance I might go from one room to the next. She is always watching me and "reading" me and to be honest it kinda creeps me out lol I find that she tends to copy our moods and if we are (we being the humans and or other animals in the house) quiet and calm and laid back so is she if anyone shows the slightest hint of play she is right there but will go back to laying down and a couch potato when or if no one else plays with her.

They are great dogs if you are into herding dogs and truly the smartest dogs I think I have ever known I dont want to deter anyone if you feel they are the breed for you

me personally give me a chi, pit or dobie and I am happy
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back