Books on Minis?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MerelyAmanda

Reaction score
Hello to everyone!

I'm new to the board and new to miniatures. I only recently got interested in them and I wanted to find some good books on them.

I've talked to a few people, but I seem to get a lot of different answers. They are ponies, they aren't ponies. They are just like 'big' horses; they are totally different from big horses. Everyone I've chatted with them about seems to have a different answer, but none of them have minis!
default_wacko.png
:

So, I decided to do some research by myself. I found this board and decided to join and I would like to do some reading on them as well.

So, does anyone have some good books on Miniature Horses to recommend?

Thank you!

:bgrin

The "mini bible" would be Barbara Naviaux's "Miniature Horses; Their Care, Breeding and Coat Colors" from Raintree Publications. Best buy new is probably direct from the publisher.

I also have "The Book of Miniature Horses; Buying, breeding, training, Showing and Enjoying" by Donna campbell Smith. Nice book.

And, I'm still working on "Miniature Horses: A veterinary guide for owners and breeders" by Rebecca L Frankenny, VMD.

A great source for information is right here on the forum. At the top of the page is a search feature, great for checking out just about any topic; feed, breeding, exercise, showing, enjoying, you name it, you can probably find it there.

Welcome.

This forum is better than any book you could ever buy! That's my experience anyhow.

There is a search function on this site too, so any questions you have can often be answered in previous threads.

Take a look around, there is so much valuable info here.

Oh, and welcome from Australia! :saludando:

I love the Barbara Naviaux book. It has a LOT of good information. Plus read the information pages here to get some good answers to questions too.

Welcome to the world of Minis!! You will be addicted too.

I would recommend the book that has already been mentioned as well as Miniature Horses: A Veterinary Guide for Owners and Breeders by Rebecca L. Frankeny. I keep a copy of that in my horse medicine kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone. :bgrin

I will definitely be reading the forum and the site for information, and asking questions here.
default_yes.gif
:

I think I am also going to order "Miniature Horses; Their Care, Breeding and Coat Colors" by Barbara Naviaux and "Miniature Horses: A Veterinary Guide for Owners and Breeders" by Rebecca L. Frankeny. Those seem like two good ones to start with.

Thank you all again.
default_smile.png

Just got them both today and haven't really started, but I did skim a little. So far, I'm impressed and looking forward to sitting down and reading them both.

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations again. :bgrin

Latest posts

Back