Back on Track?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartysMom

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,
Our little Marty is more visibly stiff in his hind end since the ground has frozen - he's always had some crackly sounds in the back.
I've had good luck with Back on Track products for arthritis in our big horses, and wondering if anyone has used them on their minis?
I'm eyeing the dog hock braces they sell and wondering if we could make those work.
Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_6466 (1).jpg
    IMG_6466 (1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
I've often wondered about getting a BOT saddle pad and sewing it into a sheet for my mini who gets tight in the back. I wish they'd make mini sized products. Let us know if you try the dog sized braces, I think it's a neat idea,
I'm going to measure his little legs tomorrow and see if it could work. They look pretty adjustable so maybe it could work. I like the idea of a saddle pad in a sheet.

I'm with you on wishing they made mini horse products. maybe something to reach out to them about. I use BOT sport boots on Falcor and he's got a cap for his head too. So much arthritis and tendonitis up there from all his time as a show pony being tied up and back. Every time he's out he has his cap on. I do think it's helping him to feel better and learn to relax.

BOT is just short for Back on Track. It's a brand of therapeutic equipment and clothing for dogs, horses and people. Falcor's sporting a cap and all 4 sport-medicine type boots from them.
Falcor clinic.jpg

Here's a pair of hock boots on my big girl... they don't look special but are supposed to have some ceramic in the fibers that reflects heat back and increases circulation. They definitely warm up her joints!

Attachments

• IMG_5272.jpg
    IMG_5272.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 0
@MartysMom he's a funny dude. It's mostly sounds behind him that he's really reactive to. Like dragging a tarp behind me when we're ground driving, that took him quite a while to relax. And everything needs to be kept so calm or he gets ramped up. He's not overly afraid of anything that I've found so far, but sounds behind him... Anyways, I wonder if some of that reactivity might come from discomfort associated with his pole and top cervical vertebrae, so that's why I got him the cap. And he's 16 currently, so he can have the nice. comfee things too.

Latest posts

Back