Bonny update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonny

past member - Someone just shoot me!
Reaction score
Hi Yall.

Bonny is down to the last 6 weeks( according to 340 days gestation)

With her getting near to foaling I am keeping a close eye on her( remember she is young and a maiden)

So I just wanted yall to take a peek at her and tell me how she is looking. Its hard with her being fuzzy. But I want reassurance that she looks ok weight wise, as with her foaling and lactating I want her in top condition.

I am feeding her 14% pelleted free choice hay and whats left of pasture.

I also would like it if yall would look at her croup /tailhead area and her tummy shape tell me if you think she looks close.

Her udder is still minimal, ( but being maiden I am evaluating all signs) Her vulva is elongated med pink inside, she is standing with her bum on the wall alot and rubbing her hind end a lot. She is biting at her sides and starting to drag he rfeet a bit when she walks. She seems annoyed with the dogs now, she seems edgy and she lays down a lot more at night when she sleeps.

Today would be day 299-312. I know they are just pictures and yall cant give me a due date. I would just like reassurance and opinions on her. Thanks!

this was 2 days ago:

12-05-08noon006.jpg

12-06-086pnm010.jpg

From tonight:

12-07-087pnm006.jpg

12-07-087pnm001.jpg

Wish I had experience at this girl! All I can say is I luv you and Bonny and you know I wish you the best!! I totally wished I lived next door to you! I just wished the world was so much smaller so that we could all be around to help each other out!!!!!

From just experiencing one mare being pregnant I can remember what she looked like in the end and even though she was a horse and your is doing all the classic signs, she's STILL not ready yet. She's getting there. BE PATIENT!!!!!! Like that's easy, huh!!!!! I remember what a nervous wreck I was and she was a maiden mare as well, so I understand. TJ

When Missy could no longer go for walks I knew she was close. I didn't have an exact date more like a 6 month span given by the breeder. She got so wide and low she walked cow hocked because her belly was interfearing with her stride. I still think Bonnie will foal Dec. 9th.

Have you had this mare confirmed in foal??

She looks a trifle...how shall I put this diplomatically...slim????
default_smile.png

And she has absolutely no bag yet, so even if you are sure she is in foal, she has a way to go yet.

Thanks everyone!

Rabbit fizz, yes she is confirmed in foal. By US and last US was in September Vet said around Christmas. She is also a 40 inch tall mare bred to a 33 inch stally. So she is carrying very well plus being maiden. But she has slimed down a lot.

This was her on Nove 20th:

11-20-083pm017-1.jpg

And now she is slimmer:

12-02-088pm025.jpg

And this was back in march so you can see how much she has changed!

3-20-08009-3.jpg

12-05-08noon006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The V that we look for is not there yet - it is very remarkable once you see one. Also her tail at the top looks nice and tight - when they get close the area just above the tail flattens out and gets mushy, you can pull the tail up and get little or no resistance. Do you have fluid from the nipples yet? It is very sticky, thick and shiny when they ar close. Our experience is that maidens go a bit longer. Hang in there - there be a baby cookin there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new to breeding and would say a ways to go but sometimes they don't read the books so keep an eye out...

He he I ditto the MOLLY - Molly needs a playmate for Christmas - any chance theres another Molly in there????

default_wub.png
little Molly

LOL, Not another Molly, Boo Hoo.
default_laugh.png

I am still thinking right around Christmas....Maybe new year!That would be cool!

Maybe it is getting close to the time to braid her tail
default_smile.png
Hope this baby comes soon for you!

Peggy

I am thinking it must be close with her behavior yesterday. She was pretty restless last night but seems better today. We did have a cold front come through.

Her croup is squishier and getting more relaxed.

12-10930am001.jpg

I think you are going to have to wait till after new years.... sorry to say that but..... that is from 30 plus years of experience. I also think she is a bit "slim" although I remember that she was exceedingly thin when you got her so you are doing well by this little pony,

Lyn

Thanks everyone!

Bonny has developed a 2 foot dont touch me zone. So I cant get to close right now. She is letting me touch her briefly but doesnt really want to be touched.

So OK.

I did snap off a few pics

she has really slimmed down now

12-106pm015.jpg

12-106pm011.jpg

12-106pm016.jpg

Hi Bonny, my mare last year went slab sided like yours is now on day 296. She foaled on day 325. So you are getting close, but it might be a xmas baby yet.

Christmas, new year either would be nice.

Just waiting and watching, lol

Latest posts

Back