Bonny making big changes!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a baby yet?
default_saludando.gif

Nope not yet, I think all the hooplah the other night was the foal just moving around and making her uncomfy. Her udder is actually down a bit and I was able to check and the fluid is still clear.

Lyn I do believe your right Miss Bonny is going to hang on another week or two.lol.

Well unless she pulls a fast one, as mares are known for.

She is 321 days and this is very good.
default_smile.png

Have I missed something or haven't we had an update in a while? How is Bonny doing? Any baby yet?

default_no.gif

Now I'm incredibly sad for your paint mare, she was such a lovely girl in previous photos! Most horses don't deserve the lives they end up with.

The story on my Paint mare is that I sold her last fall with the rights to the foal. I sold her to a man who was going to further her training and ride her in play days and trails. Get her trained on barrels. She had a buck issue and trust issues that I had worked on for 2 years. She was doing much better but needed someone who had a decent seat to ride her just in case. She was also spooky and we had done a lot to improve that. But she needed a lot of work.

I have 2 degenerative dicks in my neck and needed a better ride with out the spook. But was willing to keep her anyways. But when the buyer came along they seemed a great pair. I didnt have her for sale but it just worked out. So after contracts were done, she went to a new place. She was secretly moved to a different place before she foaled. I found her after she foaled and the conditions were horrific. So after she almost died I took the foal. I cant do anything else for her. I do know she will be moved again soon to a different place for training if she isnt already. I am just sick how things turned out. I hope things will turn again to her favor at this new place.

Its hard for me to give all the details as it is a complicated story.But I do feel in the long run she will be ok. The owner is buying property that she will eventually be on. Its just this one place and the owner of it that has caused so much trouble.

As for Bonny she is at day 328. She had a decrease in udder but it may be on the rise again. Her tummy is getting lower.

3-24am004.jpg

3-24am001.jpg

Im going to guess end of April beginning of May for Bonny. Sorry 'bout that
default_wink.png

Lyn

default_wink.png
Lyn
default_new_shocked.gif
NO WAY...not when she is already at 328 days and has an udder like that!!!! Maybe another week? Can you get milk yet to test?

default_wink.png
Lyn
LYN!! Shame on you! Dont you dare jinx me like that!!!
default_laugh.png
That would make her over a 350 days and closer to 360!
default_biggrin.png

Her last cover date was May 7th 08.

Shelly I tried but no fluid yet. Course she isnt being real good these days about letting me try.

Her udder is still up in the am and down in the pm.

But to me her tummy has really dropped.

She is progressing for sure. That is a impressive udder for a maiden mare
default_smile.png
My guess for what it is worth hey maybe now we should start a pool but my guess is April 1st

LoL, Lisa I like your guess better!

Only if I come on here saying Bonny foaled and its April fools day no one will believe me!
default_wink.png

My guess is April 9th, full moon
default_wink.png

We had an April Fool's Day baby three years ago (gosh hard to believe it's been that long!) She's a spoiled brat, the whole 28" of her! lol

A.jpg

I don't have the experience to guess when she will foal, however do bags normally fill out to the point that there is no left or right side--just one big bag? I am so glad no-one took pictures of all my parts to determine when I was going to have a baby!!!!! I still don't know how you get these pictures--standing on your head? I would love to see a recent picture of Hot ta Molly--I could see her in another picture you posted--her little cross showing- and would love to see how she's growin' up! I have a mule baby expected the end of April and am very excited. Hope the healthy foal fairy visits you soon!!!

Wendy that is so funny! I am glad no one took pics of me and posted them on the web! LOL I am excited for you to have a mule baby!

I posted pics of Molly in the donkey forum, she is in the process of being unwrapped ( as minimule likes to call it)
default_smile.png

Well yesterday Bonny was not having any part of me getting fluid and I could barely get a drop. However today she has a bunch of fluid but it is still clear, not cloudy.

We are supposed to have sever weather tonight with hail and high winds. So she is in her comfy area.

So I just keep watching.
default_smile.png

Well we are at 330 days today!

Her udder is up in the am a down a tad at night still.

I took a tummy pic tonight. Here it is.

does she look dropped yet???

3-26-096pm002.jpg

This was back in December:

12-29-08130pm023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Is she a really tall mare? My mare is at 291 days and is as big (if not bigger) as her
default_new_shocked.gif
Hope I don't have a giant! LOL.

default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting
default_laugh.png

Yes she is a BIG mare. She is 39-40 at the wither. I guess she isnt really even a mini. I guess she would be considered a small pony.

She is bred to a mini thats about 32 inches tall. So she may also have a small foal. Plus she is also maiden and a bit long in the back. Much room to hide that foal.
default_smile.png

LOL, this is a pic of Bonny and I ( Holly)last Jan 5th.

She is such a sweet mare.

Jan509005.jpg

well arent you 2 just so cute!!

Come on Bonny-lets get the baby show on thr road
default_smile.png

Back