Bonny making big changes!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No big changes in her udder this am.

However last night she was a bit off.

She was aggravated at my attempts to get milk and I actually had to tie her to get her to be still. Then about 1 am she was very aggravated with the baby goats jumping on her. She was swinging her head back threatening them as if to bite. However she did not bite them and just got up instead. As yall know this is very unlike Bonny.

This am the goats have been moved out and Bonny has the full 16 X 26 stall to herself. I am going to turn her out in a bit with supervised.

Dont know if this all means anything but worth noting for sure.

This is her tummy view this am.

3-28-098am001.jpg

My mares do get more easily agitated as the time approaches.

Are you going to put the baby goats back with her? I am a worry wart, but wondered if there's any chance of them drinking her colostrum when it comes in? (Just in case they could and you hadn't thought of it before!)

PS you do look cute together
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope the babies are out for good.Mostly for their safety. I just feel its time she needs her own space.

They have other places to go, Bonny just enjoyed their company till last night.

They can still visit through the fence but not actually be in with her.

Ok This is going to sound really weird. I dont know if any of yall have experienced this or its just my nutty herd.

When I let Bonny out topasture Molly went up to her and started to sniff her back side. Bonny threatened to kick,then Molly did it again before Bonny ran her off. Ok weird but it gets weirder. 5 minutes later Brock did the exact same thing! Either something is seriously wrong with Brock and Molly or Bonny is smelling funky.

Then this afternoon She wanted in her pen. I put her in and took my after noon pics and look at her tummy now!

3-28-095pm005.jpg

Not weird at all often times your other mares will tell you when one is close and by looking at that V of her today I would say she will not make it till April 1st as I first predicted in fact I think she may not make it to Monday
default_smile.png

IS IT REALLY A V?????!!!!!!!

I thought so but was not 100% as some maiden are very hard to tell !

I am so excited I am about to scream!!!!!!
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting
default_laugh.png

default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked WOW...look at the "V"!!!!!!!! NOW we are making progress...COME ON BONNY
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_488.gif
:SoCool

default_ohnoes.jpg

Woo Hoo I am so excited and nervous!

Well that excitement was for nothing. Her belly lost the V and is back to a U tonight.

default_no.gif

3-28-09930pm012.jpg

Goodness! She is just going to make sure she takes you completely over the brink of insanity isn't she!! LOL. She's defininely making progress! Hang in there!!

Thanks yall hope that is what it is!

3-29-099am004.jpg

3-29-099am006.jpg

3-29-099am001.jpg

Latest posts

Back