Bond Peppy Power

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBrown

Reaction score
The legendary Bond Peppy Power passed away yesterday. He recently suffered a stroke and seemed to be getting a little better but that was not to be the case. For the last few months Peppy has resided with Tammie Nuttall, Winning Ways Training Center, in Oklahoma. In his retirement home with Tammie and her son Riley, he was as loved and well taken care of there as he was in the almost 8 years he lived with us. He leaves a legacy behind in his offspring. Many were Champions who sired Champions and on and on in addition to his sons and daughters being valuable additions to many breeding programs. Peppy is found in so many pedigrees and was so very well known. He and Egyptian King were the main herd sires at NFC Farms for many years. We bought Peppy hoping to breed him to our mares but shortly discovered he had medical issues and that was never to be. He will be missed. His former owners include.........

His breeder, C.M. Bond, Bond Miniature Horse Farm 4/19/82-2/23/84

Geanelle Rhoten, Rhotens Miniature Horses 2/23/84-4/19/86

Bob and Sandy Irwin, NFC Miniature Horse Farm 4/19/86-5/15/93

Lynn Beardon, Heartland Farm 5/15/93-1/26/02

Sharman and Kendall Brown, Thousand Oaks Ranch 1/26/02-7/28/09

Tammie Nuttall, Winning Ways Training Center 7/28/09-10/14/09

The photos below were taken at the age of 24.

Peppy190.jpg

Peppy250.jpg

I am so terribly sorry to hear he is gone. My heart goes out to everyone that owned and loved him. He was truly a beautiful horse. One of our first horses was a Bond Peppy Power son purchased from NFC in 1989. He earned 75+ AMHA points in halter, pleasure driving, roadster and solid color. He is 21 this year, just gave us another lovely filly, and is as handsome as ever. We certainly think a lot of the line.

Im so happy he had such a loving home to the end. My condolences to everyone he was an amazing stallion

Kay

Oh I am so sorry to hear of his passing. One of the old greats..... and what a beautiful little horse- he sure didnt look his age in those pics!!! Sounds like he had a wonderful retirement though after many years of breeding.

Aw!
default_sad.png

I've always liked him. What a grand little man he was! I'm glad he spent a life time being well loved.

{{{Hugs}}} to all who loved him.

I am so sorry to hear of his passing...another great one is gone...
default_sad.png

Yes, one of the great little stallions has passed!
default_sad.png
We are so very lucky to have a daughter of Bond Peppy Power in NFC Peppys Buttercup! She has given us some beautiful foals over the years and she's the dam of our 2007 colt WWC Miniatures Quicksilvers Peppy who was shown in 2008 and did very well! We are now so glad we named this boy after his sire and grandsire!

Bill & Wanalynn

Bond Peppy Power is another of the great legends. His pictures as an old gent' are beautiful. Thank you for letting us know of his passing.

It sounds like he had a grand life and was loved by many. His pictures are beautiful.

Oh, so sad - he was truly one of a kind - irreplaceable - I am so sorry you never could get any foals from him - he is a Legend.
default_no.gif

Stacy

[SIZE=12pt]I'm so sorry to hear about him passing on that's so sad. He was a beautiful horse and a piece of miniature history. [/SIZE]

Rest in Peace, Peppy. He was a great one, and had such an impact on the breed. We bought a mare in foal to him years ago from Lyn Bearden, and the resulting filly has been one of our mainstay mares. She was an exquisite show mare for my daughter and myself, and went on to produce a World Champion. My condolences to Tammy, the Browns and all who loved him.

Jan

Sharman, I'm so sorry to hear of his passing! What a legendary animal! Our thoughts and prayer are with all who loved him.

It is so wonderful to see what is possible when an older horse is taken care of correctly and lives a glorious life being loved and well taken care of.

Horses such as this are not only a testament to a great horse, but great people that cared for him to the end.

Hats off to all the owners who provided a great and full life for him.
default_saludando.gif

default_no.gif
So sorry to hear of him passing....he was such a gorgeous guy!!!!! {{{HUGS}}} to all that owned and loved him.

So sad to hear of the loss of Peppy Power, I remember him from the early days, there are a lot of great horses from his line.

He was still so beautiful, and obviously so loved, you have my sympathy, it is hard to lose these great old men.

What an incredible little horse. So beautiful, who could resist a horse like that??? I am sure that he drew people in no matter where he was.

Godspeed, little Peppy. You are, most definitively, one of the all-time greats.

Back