May 30 2011<3 Kegley's Desert Gold passes away to greener pastures..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.C. Lunde

Reaction score
It is with many tears and a heavy heart that Lunde Miniatures announces that Kegley's Desert Gold passed away early morning May 30, 2011 due to colic at the age of 18.. We know he is off to greener pastures with as many mares as he could ever desire!!

I purchased Dez last summer after admiring his get and grandget. I was viewing Little Beginnings Sale Board-- and suddenly, there he was--- for sale!! I had him purchased and shipped to me within two weeks. I will never forget that little golden buckskin walking off that trailer with this long, loooong forelock covering his big eyes. It was love at first sight. Dez passed just days before being turned out with my mares, however I have 2 bred mares-- that I bred in September. Dez was that one great horse for me, and a best friend, all in the short 9 months I owned him. I love him, and he will be in my heart always.

Dez was the cornerstone of my breeding program and my dream. Without him... I feel so lost.

dezandkaycee-1.jpg
dezwebsiteedit-1.jpg

Dez was bred by Christine Kegley Circle K Ranch, and was owned by Lucky Four Ranch, Imprint Miniatures here in Calgary, and Sunnyvale Miniatures in BC before coming to me. More About Dez..

Here is my CHALLENGE for all of you great LB Forum Members:
default_yes.gif

Kegley's Desert Gold has 39 AMHA registered foals. One of these foals was a stud colt by the name of SUNRISE HILL DESERT SERENADE. I do not know what color he is but I assume he was buckskin. He is by Bond Bow Knot. From what I can sum up from AMHA studbook online he was bred by WADE BURNS OR JON WOODRING from Lucky Four ranch and is now registered owner KEVIN L THOMPSON OR MICHAEL R YOUNG.

Desert Serenade WON 2007 World Grand Champion Senior Stallion 28" and then RETURNED to capture the 2009 World Reserve Champion Senior Stallion 28" & Under title. Serenade has some registered babies by Lucky C Ranch. Desert Serenade was on honor roll AND is NOMINATED for 2012 AMHA stallions.

I have searched for ages for any leads on this horse and would love for your help, ANYTHING, an email address or phone number, a picture, anything.

AND SO BEGINS THE SEARCH.... THANKYOU ALL!!!

Wow thats a nice horse! So sorry to hear you have lost him. What a shame. I hope you get some fabulous foals from the two mares you are waiting on.

I'm so sorry. He was beautiful. Godspeed little man.

I am very sorry for your loss! I had saw him for sale as well and really thought about purchasing him. I have always admired him-he was a beauty. It sounds like he had an amazing home with you. God speed Dez

So sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful stallion.

I know that Sandy Oaks Minis in Texas has a daughter of Sunrise Hill Desert Serenade.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
I hope you get 2 wonderful foals from him. Good luck searching for his son!

Oh man, that's gotta hurt, I'm so sorry.
default_sad.png
He was a gorgeous boy.

So sorry for your lose of your beloved stallion
default_no.gif

Best of luck to you on finding his son...I looked, but didn't manage to find anything except some show results which it appears you'd already found.

Sorry for your loss. I own Lucky FOur Golds Gidget his daughter. I remember Desert Serenade but cannot recall if he is buckskin or sorrel. I did find a Michael R Young in the AMHA membership registery. He lives in Wildwood Florida. This may be the current owner of Serenade.

It is with many tears and a heavy heart that Lunde Miniatures announces that Kegley's Desert Gold passed away early morning May 30, 2011 due to colic at the age of 18.. We know he is off to greener pastures with as many mares as he could ever desire!!

I purchased Dez last summer after admiring his get and grandget. I was viewing Little Beginnings Sale Board-- and suddenly, there he was--- for sale!! I had him purchased and shipped to me within two weeks. I will never forget that little golden buckskin walking off that trailer with this long, loooong forelock covering his big eyes. It was love at first sight. Dez passed just days before being turned out with my mares, however I have 2 bred mares-- that I bred in September. Dez was that one great horse for me, and a best friend, all in the short 9 months I owned him. I love him, and he will be in my heart always.

Dez was the cornerstone of my breeding program and my dream. Without him... I feel so lost.

dezandkaycee-1.jpg
dezwebsiteedit-1.jpg

Dez was bred by Christine Kegley Circle K Ranch, and was owned by Lucky Four Ranch, Imprint Miniatures here in Calgary, and Sunnyvale Miniatures in BC before coming to me. More About Dez..

Here is my CHALLENGE for all of you great LB Forum Members:
default_yes.gif

Kegley's Desert Gold has 39 AMHA registered foals. One of these foals was a stud colt by the name of SUNRISE HILL DESERT SERENADE. I do not know what color he is but I assume he was buckskin. He is by Bond Bow Knot. From what I can sum up from AMHA studbook online he was bred by WADE BURNS OR JON WOODRING from Lucky Four ranch and is now registered owner KEVIN L THOMPSON OR MICHAEL R YOUNG.

Desert Serenade WON 2007 World Grand Champion Senior Stallion 28" and then RETURNED to capture the 2009 World Reserve Champion Senior Stallion 28" & Under title. Serenade has some registered babies by Lucky C Ranch. Desert Serenade was on honor roll AND is NOMINATED for 2012 AMHA stallions.

I have searched for ages for any leads on this horse and would love for your help, ANYTHING, an email address or phone number, a picture, anything.

AND SO BEGINS THE SEARCH.... THANKYOU ALL!!!

Back