High Hopes Auction Results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
1.HIHOPES WARRANTS COMMANCHE ADMS app. 2010 JACK $225

2.UNNAMED 2010 JACK $35 NO SALE

3. UNNAMED 2010 JACK $65

4. AMAZINN FIJI ADMS 2010 JENNY $175

5. HIGH HOPES APACHES SUNSET SASHA AMHA 2010 MARE $425

6. BIRDEYE COPYS BLUE SUE AMHA 2010 MARE $400

7. LITTLE WAcrapAS GOLD DREAMER AMHA 2010 MARE $225

8. MCSPERITT MOMENTO MADALAY JAIOIAO AMHA 2010 MARE $250 NO SALE

9. MCC ROBIN HOODS RUBY AMHA 2010 MARE $325

10. LEGACY FARMS GUNZ AND ROSES AMHA 2010 MARE $175

11. FROLIC IN THE GOLD SCRATCHED

12.LITTLE WAcrapAS LADY ANTIBELLUM AMHA 2010 MARE $475

13. MCC ROBIN HOODS DANCER AMHA 2010 MARE $175

14. PRETTY AS YOU PLEASE AMHA 2010 MARE $1075

15. LITTLE WAcrapAS QUEEN LATIFA AMHA 2010 MARE $425 NO SALE

16. MCSPERITTS MOMENTO CECE HEIRESS AMHA 2010 MARE $275 NO SALE

17. LITTLE WAcrapAS DASH TA FAME AMHA 09 MARE $650

18. MCC WEAVERS MOLLIE AMHA 09 MARE $175

19. INDIAN DREAMS NEW MOON AMHA 09 MARE $300 NO SALE

20. LEGACY FARMS CHLOE AMHA 09 MARE $450

21. HIGH HOPES RENFRO SUMMER SONG AMHA 09 MARE $725

22.NPM MAJICS FOXY ROXY AMHA/AMHR 09 MARE $150

23. MCC WEAVERS ELVIRA AMHA 09 MARE $400

24. MCC WEAVERS DOTTIE AMHA/AMHR eligible 09 MARE $300

25. CHERRY VALLEY BAY RUM AMHR 06 BRED MARE $175

26. MCSPERITTS IMAGE PROMISES CE CE AMHA 00 BRED MARE AND FILLY $450 NO SALE

27. ADVENTURE IIS BELLE OF THE BALL AMHA/AMHR 94 BRED MARE $500

28.BAR B WHISKEY N DAQUIRRI AMHA/AMHR MARE AND COLT $420

29. DM PATSY ANN AMHA/AMHR 98 $200 NO SALE

30. HIGH HOPES BRIGHT SKYE AMHA 06 MARE (SCRATCHED)

31. SHARRWAY STACCATO AMHA/AMHR/ASPC 99 STALLION $200

32.FALCON RIDGE AFTERDARKS WIND DANCER AMHA 01 STALLION $175

33. HALLMARKS SUGAR BAR AMHA/AMHR 99 BRED MARE $375

34. ROCKING JM 3T ROCK MY WORLD AMHA/AMHR 04 MARE $475

35. B & W'S GOLD DIGGER AMHA 00 MARE AND COLT $475 NO SALE

36. CTR QUEENS LITTLE PRINCESS (SCRATCHED)

37. MCC ROBIN HOODS LEXUS AMHA 08 MARE AND FILLY $500

38. CHAMPION FARMS SIRS FINE DESIGN AMHA/AMHR 00 MARE AND FILLY $800

39. CELTIC FIELDS LADDS FINVARRA AMHA/AMHR 04 STALLION $300

40. CRESCENTS PRINCES HIGH ROLLER AMHA 07 STALLION $125

41. BISSEL MOUNDS APPA ANNABELLE AMHA/AMHR 03 MARE $225

42. MCSPERITTS NIGHT SPARKLE AMHA 90 BRED MARE AND COLT $675

43. COUNTRY WELLS DREAMERS LITTLE RED AMHA/AMHR 03 BRED MARE $400

44. MCC ROBIN HOODS GRACE AMHA 06 BRED MARE $550

45. MCCS ICEY LUV AMHA/AMHR 00 BRED MARE $600

46. LIL HUNEY DO SANDY AMHA/AMHR 96 MARE $225

47. CRAZY HORSES TUCSON STUD AMHR 07 STALLION $450

48. SCRATCHED

49. ROAN WINEMAKER AMHR 02 MARE AND COLT $450

50. MCCS ICE DANCER EMBER AMHA 98 MARE $75

51.RTRS MELODY BUG AMHR 04 MARE $75

52. LUV EM MINIS ROWDYS SHA DAISY AMHA/AMHR 00 BRED MARE $200

53. RTRS CANDY KISSES AMHT 99 MARE $250

54. MCCS WINNING HAND AMHA/ AMHR 04 exposed MARE $250

55. JOY RR TOYLANDS TORNADIC PAX AMHA/AMHR 04 STALLION $75

56. PATTY CAKE LITTLE KINGS MEGA PENNYS AMHA/AMHR 00 STALLION (NO BID)

57. RTRS SATIN AND LACE AMHR 00 MARE $225

58. JOY RR TOYLANDS PIPPI LONGSTOCKINGS AMHA/AMHR 98 MARE $130

59. RTRS TOUCH OF CLASS AMHR 00 MARE $220

60. PATRIOTS LADY LIBERTY AMHA/AMHRT 06 BRED MARE $70

61.BAGPIPE FLATS A WEE DROP OF SCOTCH AMHA/AMHR 01 BRED MARE $250

62. ROCKY CREEK TUXEDOS JEWEL AMHA 06 BRED MARE $400

63. JOY RR TOYLAND STORMY NIGHT AMHA/AMHR 99 STALLION $35

64. ROCKY CREEKS TOP HATS KICKAPOO KISS AMHA 05 STALLION $60

65. ROCKING M THUNDERS SIMPLY STRIKING AMHA 05 GELDING $600

66. T BAR T NUMERO UNO GAMBLING MAN AMHR 04 GELDING $175

67. JOY RR TOYLANDS JAHAWK ROY AMHA/AMHR 03 GELDING $145

68. MARE AND COLT DRAWING (FREE TO ONE LUCKY CHILD)

69. LITTLE WAcrapAS OKLAHOMAS DREAM BOY AMHA 10 STALLION $125

70. NPM MAGICS TUNE IT UP SCHROEDER AMHA/AMHR 10 STALLION $35

71. HIGH HOPES RENFROS FINAL MAGIC ANHA 10 STALLION $315

72. FANCI STAR ECHO AMHA/AMHR 10 STALLION $? NO SALE

73. LITTLE WAcrapAS HIGH BROW CAT AMHA 10 STALLION $115

74. NPM BOOMERS ICA BONANZA AMHA 10 STALLION $75

75. STORMY LUCKY CHARM AMHA? 10 STALLION $60 NO SALE

76. NPM SHOWDOWNS CHARLIE BROWN AMHA 10 STALLION $45

77.LEGACY FARMS DAKOTAS DEALER AMHA 09 STLALION $1050

78. NPM BUCK OWENS GHOST AMHR 09 STALLION $85 NO SALE

79. UNNAMED AMHR APPLICATION 10 MARE $75

80. UNNAMED AMHR APPLICATION 10 MARE $135

81.UNNAMED AMHR APPLICATION 10 STALLION $45

82. UNNAMED AMHR APPLICATION 10 STALLION $60

83. OK 33 TEXS MIMES BLUE MOON AMHA/AMHR 10 STALLION $400

84. JENNY $125

85 JENNY $75 NO SALE

86. JENNY $80 NO SALE

87.JENNY $? NO SALE

4 HORSE MINI HAULER $650

NEW MINI HOT WALKER $1300

SUPERIOR CART $375

o my i wish i could got some at those deals. very low prices for miniatures

Things not looking good if that is the prices we are getting out there!!!
default_sad.png

it cost more to feed and care for what some of them went for very sad
default_sad.png
I haven't gotten any deals like that

Was that Mini Hauler a Bob hauler?? If so, what a deal!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Yeah, prices are way down, but for auction prices, I am not surprised...people wants deals...
default_unsure.png

I actually thought the prices were consistent with todays auction market for the quality of horses there. There were a few that sold for more than I thought they would at auction and a few that sold for less.

I'm still totally amazed that people will bring dirty, scruffy, hairy, skinny horses to a sale and can't understand why they don't sell for more.

Yes, Linda, that was a Horse Hauler by Bob.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has never been known as one of the better sales. I hate to be so blunt but thats just the truth.

This has never been known as one of the better sales. I hate to be so blunt but thats just the truth.
Thank you for being so blunt, I'm too far from the sale, so don't know anything about it.

I did go look at the link, and there were a couple horses that looked decent, but that could have just been the picture used.

I wanted to go to, but I just was not up to it. I always like to go to catch up with friends that I don't get to see very often. Also Art and I got 1 really nice mare from this auction. She is Orion bred to the hilt. This auction is a hit and miss for sure. You just have to do your homework on what is being offered.....

Hi Chanda

I am sure there are some nice ones that go thru but over the years (even before the economy went south) this sale has kinda been known for low prices.

I wish I could have gone there were a couple that I liked. I really don't have room though.

There were a few horses in the sale that looked nice to me also. I believe if they put photos of ALL the horses on the online catalog, perhaps also BETTER photos (I understand that it is spring and some folks are unable to clip them etc...But even just a full body photo with the horses' head up, really helps a lot...Just my 0.2 cents
default_biggrin.png

WOW! I REALLY have to disagree with this statement. I have been to every High Hopes Sale, spring and fall, since 2003. I don't recall ever seeing you there. Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't understand why someone would make such a derogatory remark if they have not actually seen it.

I have been to numerous Miniature Horse Auctions in Oklahoma, Texas, and one even on the east coast. While all have their strengths and weaknesses, IN MY OPINION, High Hopes is the best overall of all the ones I have been to. I have not been to the sales at the big name farms, and of course am not referring to those where consignment fees may be $500 or more per horse. I had rather spend my money on the horse rather than the advertisement.

Now with all that said, I will say that I believe that this week's sale was down some. It seemed that the attendance (as well as the number of horses consigned) was down a bit. That MAY be partly due to the fact that they have changed weekends and partly just due to the economy. It SEEMED to me that possibly the overall quality was down a bit, but that may just be due to the fact that I am judging them against the improved quality of my own herd. As Becky mentioned, SOME were severely under fed and SOME looked as though they had never been groomed.

All in all, if I have the choice of going to High Hopes or another auction on the same weekend, I will ALWAYS choose High Hopes. I feel mine is an unbiased opinion. I was not selling anything, and I was not buying (this time).

It takes more than a fancy farm name and an ad in magazines and on LB to make a good sale.
default_yes.gif

There was also another miniature auction going on the same time also in OK. I wonder if prices were any better there. So bad weekend for both.

There was a couple that looked interesting in the catalog but nothing would have jumped out at me to want to drive down. I'm surprized the hauler and the walker didn't go for more, I would have driven down for the walker. It also has alot to do with presentation and it sounds like they weren't being presented very well. I think auctions like these thats just the way the prices are going to be. The one in Springfield in April the prices were similiar to that and the quality of horses were there and were clipped. There was a couple I would have bidded too one for sure but just don't have the time to train it and it needed training.

So until sellers decide enough is enough on 100-200 $ horses thats what they are going to keep bringing. You hate to see all no sales but you can't sell horses this cheap anymore, you just can't.

Those are some very, very low prices! I hope some people see they can find minis for dirt cheap rather than breed a mare...

I did chuckle a bit at the edited names "WAcrapAS" I didn't figure it out at first. WAcrapAS is just funny to me
default_smile.png

Andrea

I really wish that they were able to have their sales online also... They always have some nice looking horses consigned but this time of year we are not able to get away even for that amount of time. Husband is working cattle and getting them moved out to pasture most of april and may. But I would surely watch online and probably get myself in trouble bidding if it were online...

Those are some very, very low prices! I hope some people see they can find minis for dirt cheap rather than breed a mare...

I did chuckle a bit at the edited names "WAcrapAS" I didn't figure it out at first. WAcrapAS is just funny to me
default_smile.png

Andrea
I can't figure why that is edited. Wash ita (without the space) is the name of a river in Oklahoma.

I can't figure why that is edited. Wash ita (without the space) is the name of a river in Oklahoma.

It's just a programming thing. Basic "bad" words are edited and it's easier to write code just to include all occurances, rather than pick some apart for legitimacy. You have to admit, it's kind of funny though
default_laugh.png

Back