body clipping for shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on the color of the horse....We generally use a 30 blade on the dark horses, bay, black, etc. 15 on the chestnuts, sorrels, buckskin etc. 10 - 15 on palominos, pintos.....

Usually a 15 on the body, ocasionally a 30 depending on the color and condition of the haircoat.

Jan

I use a 15 and clip no longer than a week before. Some horses I clip just 1-2 days before. I use shorter blades on their heads (30, 40, 50...).

Hi
default_saludando.gif

Depending on the horse color, we use a 15-30 on the body

the face it's a blend from a 50-40-30 up

Sarah
default_biggrin.png

www.rosemilltrainingcenter.com

storme.jpg

Depends on the color of the horse. On my buckskin perlino pinto, I'd clip her a week before a show in a 30, and my bay pinto I used a 15 3 days before the show. I always use a 50 on their heads and bridle path.

I will not use a #10 blade for a "show clip" ..it leaves to much behind i think. I body clip with a #15 and then do the face with a #30,40,50 like Jill. I go back in with my smaller adjustable blade wahl arco' and detail the head / ears / muzzle ext. I clip about 3 days before a show.

I use a 30 on my silver dapple, 15 on pinto and roan. I clip the weekend before the show, that is what I have to do because I work full time, plus have all the farm chores. Weekends are all I have to do that sort of thing.

Since I also work full time and have a large showstring this year....

My pintos will be clipped in a 30 1 week before the show, and will only need to be touched up. And all the others will be clipped in a 10 2 days before a show. I use a 40 on the muzzle and blend it.

Depends on the coat, time of year and if you are showing outside. I DO NOT clip with a #30 if I am showing outside in July or Aug cause man can they get burned.

Halter horses are clipped one to two days prior to when they show with 30's. Head and face with 40's and muzzle with 50. No exceptions and we very rarely have pink skin on our pintos. Our driving horse is clipped with a 15 so his harness doesn't rub him. We don't turn horses out in the sun in the summer, they are out at night so no one burns. We do facials the night before the class. And when I say we, I mean my daughter. She does all of the clipping, facials, training and showing.

Latest posts

Back