Blue Eyes anyone?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dona

Reaction score
I have a mare that I bred, back on lease from my good friend Elaine Rosier. "Kickapoo's Foxy Fax Emily" is a daughter of "Hemlock Brooks Cock Robin" (the guy who started it all for me). She is ALSO his

g-grandaughter, as her dam is "Kickapoo's Desert Dream", a daughter of "Kickapoo's Nickelodeon" (a Cock Robin son).

So....Foxy is actually 5/8 Cock Robin blood.

Foxy has never had any "glamour" shots, so I clipped her whiskers & fetlocks, cleaned her up a bit & took some pics of her. Going to try to get some better ones with her neck stretched when I have more help....but got some really nice head shots of her showing her pretty blue eyes.

Foxy is about 31.5" and as sweet as they come. She has a little bay filly on her side right now that is going to be tiny, by my Bay Frame Overo "Apache". I've bred her back the same way....so hoping next year's baby will have COLOR! :) Elaine is going to come over this week to help me get photos of Foxy's filly, and Deja Vu's filly....so will be posting those later.

This shot looks SO much like her daddy, Cock Robin! (Foxy is the 1st photo, Cock Robin is the 2nd one)

20100719HeadandEye2.jpg
]
cockrobin2.jpg

Looking straight on...

20100719Face1.jpg

Left side of her face...

20100719HeadLeft.jpg

She turned her head just as I snapped the shot!

20100719RightSideNeckArch.jpg

Here is Foxy with her filly "Sheza Doll" (before clipping)

2010325DollFoxyTrot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love her!
default_wub.png

She's related to both of my boys, since they're both grandsons of CockRobin
default_yes.gif

But she reminds me most of Topper!

Did you see the nice colt we had by Toppy this year Dona?

Very pretty - thanks for sharing. I have always LOVED Cock Robin (this one, not the one with Appy blood!)

I love her!
default_wub.png

She's related to both of my boys, since they're both grandsons of CockRobin
default_yes.gif

But she reminds me most of Topper!

Did you see the nice colt we had by Toppy this year Dona?

YES....I did! And he is veeeeerrryy nice! Isn't is funny how two wildly marked parents can have a solid, or very minimally marked foal. LOL All my babies this year were either solids, or minimally marked, out of very wild patterned Overos & Toveros. You just can't predict what you are going to get....but as long as they are healthy & quality....I'm a happy camper! Maybe next year will be my LOUD baby year.
default_yes.gif

She's very pretty, Dona. Her face markings remind me a lot of my Redrock Flash Charade, pictured here as a 3 yr old this year.

6-10Charade.jpg

Dona, I love your horses, she is no exception (and I don't even like blue eyes)!
default_aktion033.gif
So glad to see pics of her! Cock Robin and Nickelodeon are exceptional also. I have admired your horses for years!
default_smile.png

Yup Dona, I know what you mean! Most of my foals this year are solid (black) Though I'm not sure what real color Toppy's son is LOL.

But the solid ones carry Splash & other pinto patterns. But still.......I love the wild colored ones LOL.

Wow Dona, she's naturally beautiful! She doesn't need a glamour shot!! And without even seeing daddy's pic I immediately saw the resemblence the moment I looked at her picture. What a lovely mare and such a piece of history.

Thank you ALL for your very kind remarks. I have a lot of respect for you all. There are so many wonderful breeders here on LB, and your comments mean a lot to me.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back