Bites in show horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch

Reaction score
As i'm from England can you clarify for me that horses are permitted to be shown in halter classes if their bite is half a tooth depth off and this would not be classed as a fault. Can you also tell me which of your two main societies would check the bite in a gelding only classe.

Thanks Annette
default_smile.png

I know that in AMHR, this would not be an issue in a gelding class unless the mouth was very obviously way off.

In AMHA, bites are permitted to be no more than half a tooth off. All halter horses are checked except for the gelding classes. However, should a gelding be in the Supreme Halter Class here, it's bite will be checked and if it's bite is more than half a tooth off, it will be penalized.

In AMHR, it's not mandatory for judges to check bites, although they have that option.

In AMHA, bites are permitted to be no more than half a tooth off. All halter horses are checked except for the gelding classes. However, should a gelding be in the Supreme Halter Class here, it's bite will be checked and if it's bite is more than half a tooth off, it will be penalized.

In AMHR, it's not mandatory for judges to check bites, although they have that option.

Sorry to butt in but what if you have a gelding whos bite appears spot on but two of his incisors are twisted?? Would he be penalized???

Latest posts

Back