Best Matched Team/s

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ali

Reaction score
Just curious.

How many of you drive a team that are not mirror images of each other?

I've seen black with white and it looks amazing! But there has to be other colours whether solid or not that make a gorgeous team, no? Maybe one solid and another pinto?? It's not as though one has a computer program
wacko.gif
that would allow one to change the horses colour until we feel we got it just right. I'm hoping somebody out there has some pics.

Well I don't think this was exactly what you were asking for....but I drove a tandem of minis in the Mighty Minis CDE this October. One was a very sooty buckskin pinto, the other was a silver dun appy. But they had matching strides and worked well together, as well as being only 1/4" apart.

f2787159.jpg

f2787152.jpg

Grey is considered a 'neutral' color, so technically anything is ok to go with grey. But usually people try to go for uniform color--harmonious.

Thanks MiniHGal. It's exactly what I was hoping to see.

I don't think it matters what you drive and whether they match up or not, they would look good with you at the reins.
aktion033.gif

I've seen many of your pics and it's inspiring.

We've driven mismatched teams lots of times. It's far easier to drive a team well matched in stride and attitude, than one well matched in colour! I drove my silver dapple gelding with a black gelding who was also a speedy roadster horse. They were both long, low movers and were way easier to drive than if we'd put one of them with a horse that was less of a goer just because they were the right colour! Also, we drove our bay pinto stallion with one of his black pinto sons, and since they are equally lazy and very similar movers they were a great team. They won the Lord Sterling Cup for Utility Team Hitch at the Calgary Stampede two years in a row.

valzaclordsterling01.jpg

Latest posts

Back