Benefit/open shows near MA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.T

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of any benefit/open miniature horse shows in or around southeastern mass. Our 4h club did a show in CT, and had a blast. we would like to do another, but the only problem is that our 4h mini is unregistered. (as well as mine, but we are in the process of getting him registered, because he has his temporary papers.. long story) if anyone knows of any that go on, please pm or reply to this post. thank you in advance!

Is Cumberland Maine to far? If not, see other post about the Linda Best Benefit show! Sounds like a great time!!

Tammy

Please try to make the benefit show for Linda and her family. Cumberland Maine is about 1 1/2 hours from the NH Border. There are plenty of stalls available if you want to stay over. Horses do not have to be registered to attend.

NBARH in Barrington, NH has shows during the summer as well that do no require horses to be registered. Check out their website at NBARH.ORG.

Please try to make the benefit show for Linda and her family. Cumberland Maine is about 1 1/2 hours from the NH Border. There are plenty of stalls available if you want to stay over. Horses do not have to be registered to attend.
NBARH in Barrington, NH has shows during the summer as well that do no require horses to be registered. Check out their website at NBARH.ORG.
I was going to mention NbarH too, but as of 3 years ago, your mini DID need to be registered! I remember because I had to show papers. Have they changed the rules?

Well, it's easy enough to reg with "World Class" anyway, you pretty much just need to send in a pic and their height and they will send you papers. Those papers are good enough to get you into any unrated but "must be Reg" show!

Hope to see you there! NbarH is a lot of fun!

Tammy

N Bar H in Barrington is great. Your mini doesn't have to be registered, and for as long as I have shown there, which is probably since 1999 or so, they have never had to be. I did take a couple seasons off somewhere in there so maybe they required it then, but usually you just show your coggins.

N Bar H in Barrington is great. Your mini doesn't have to be registered, and for as long as I have shown there, which is probably since 1999 or so, they have never had to be. I did take a couple seasons off somewhere in there so maybe they required it then, but usually you just show your coggins.
Hi Matt

When I started there (3-4 years ago I think) they definitely had to be reg. I remember inquiring via email and they are the ones who told me about reg World Class so that I could show there. Guess they must have changed it then (or I asked the wrong person!lol)! Great!

Are you still showing there this year or just doing the rated stuff now?

I had to miss the first one, waiting for my rescue mare to foal, and we really missed seeing everyone! It's a great show, we always have a fun time!

Tammy

Thank you so much for everyone who has posted!

if anyone finds more be sure to post them here!

So what I'm understanding is for the NH one, if you are registered in the world class registry, you can show at any unrated show. Are there many unrated shows in this area? and the Bar show(nh one) is it just once a year or is it several shows every year?

NBARH has 4 pointed shows a year. The 3rd Saturday of May, June, July and August. They also have fun shows in April and September. In November is their awards banquet and they do a great job with it. It is very well attended and a lot of fun. Their website is www.NBARH.org The people that attend range from newbies going to their first show to experienced horse people. They have regular classes and at the end of the day fun classes. Everyone there is very helpful and friendly. It is a great group of people. I believe Matt is right about they not having to be registered. This is my second year showing there and they have never asked to see my horses registration papers. They only request to see a coggins test.

I hope to see you there!

Sue

Last edited by a moderator:
sarah-

my mom was going to talk to joe about the nbarh shows and taking us there..... but after the last time he took us i dont think anyone wants him taking us....

but in know that he wont trailer the boys over 2 hours.

Sadley we cant attend the Linda Best Show, its to far for joe (our 4h leader) to travel. its 3 hours away for us.

sarah-my mom was going to talk to joe about the nbarh shows and taking us there..... but after the last time he took us i dont think anyone wants him taking us....

but in know that he wont trailer the boys over 2 hours.

Sadley we cant attend the Linda Best Show, its to far for joe (our 4h leader) to travel. its 3 hours away for us.
yeah, we should definitely try to go to at least one of the bar shows. because it seems fun. and we can reigster perfect for like $15 i think it was at the world class registry so then we can show him there. how far away is it for us jenny?

what do u mean the boys? as in all 4 boys or your boys.. haha im gonna guess all 4.

i think its fine, he was tired and grouchy, it was a long day. i think next time we should go in the other car though cuz thats what i think made him mad, cuz it was just suppose to be me and elizabeth in the truck.

Latest posts

Back