Barns!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photos Sandy .. I've never seen barns like the ones with the green roofs .. Do you know why they are so high? Or anything about the specific shape? Your barn & farm are really nice and only 3 hrs away lol :aktion033:

Great photos Sandy .. I've never seen barns like the ones with the green roofs .. Do you know why they are so high? Or anything about the specific shape? Your barn & farm are really nice and only 3 hrs away lol
Hi,

Thanks for the compliment.

I don't know anything about the green roof barn. It has 'always been there' hehehe

It is just so neat looking, isn;t it?

I have been taking pictures of barns for years. I just LOVE them
default_smile.png

Your barn awesome. I would LOVE to ad it to my 'barn file'
default_smile.png

This is my favorite picture of my barn:

Sunset-1.jpg

I love looking at barns too and just finished my design drawings for ours yesterday. It will have seasonal guest rooms in a partial loft and be attached to the house by a functional breezeway that has a tiny commercial kitchen and conference area. Now for getting up all the funds
default_wacko.png
: I tried very hard to make it as simple and efficient as possible without gigantic expense. We will be doing alot of the work ourselves inside and some of the main construction as well.

Sandy, your barn is just lovely, as are so many of them on this thread! And Carol, when I first saw pix of your little adorable barn on another thread, I added in a small version as a summer home for our three wee adopted dwarf girls in their pasture (which will be the front yard of all three buildings on the land we purchased). That will be my very own project and I can't wait to start building it!! Will probably need to wait till spring though.

Regarding the high roof on the old barn, it looks similar to alot of very old barns where I grew up and this was the hay loft. The horses would pull up the huge hay wagons of loose hay and then a giant claw fork would drop down when you pull ropes, grab into the loose hay, and you pull a few more ropes to draw it up into the top door. Then it runs on pulleys along the inside top of the roof to drop the hay where you want it in the loft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering that my husband just finished this I thought I would share
default_yes.gif
: This was his very first time building something of any sort and I was quite impressed! I had no idea he could ever build me my very own horse stall :538:

DSC03903.jpg

DSC03893-1.jpg

DSC03894.jpg

DSC03942.jpg

And here is a picture of our big barn. It is full of tractors right now and it needs about 50 coats of paint
default_rolleyes.gif
:

DSC03628.jpg

Thanks for sharing all the great pictures everyone!!!! I can't believe how nice all of them are :new_shocked: Some of your horses live better then I do lol :bgrin

Wow! Eveyone's are beautiful!

Here are our barns, they were built in 1857! I love them, each one is very differenet and they all have a lot of history.

farmwinter.jpg

sbsfarm.jpg

farmsun.jpg

misty.jpg

Baby goose- I am guessing you are somewhere really hot??

I love your set up- brilliant use of turnout pens too!!!

Baby goose- I am guessing you are somewhere really hot??

I love your set up- brilliant use of turnout pens too!!!
Yep, in SW New Mexico. Our goal was lots of ventilation when we built the barn. We definitely get more hot weather than cold here, although we do have the occasional snow storm. They can come and go from the stalls into the pens at their own choice. I can confine them to just a stall by putting a panel up, but unless somebody is sick or injured, they get to choose in or out. We also have a small pasture that we can turn out in. The barn has 4 stalls that each open up into its own pen. There is about a 12 foot allyway between the pens. We had draft horses when we originally built the pens, which are almost six feet tall. The minis look a little funny in them!

Latest posts

Back