Barns!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyboi09

Reaction score
I know we have done this post before. But I really really enjoy looking at everyones barns. We are still building on ours. We have made some progress since these pictures, but these are all i have for now. Our barn now has the siding up, electricity, and half of the stalls finished.

DSCN1064.jpg

DSCN1162.jpg

Ill try to get some new pictures of ours for this post asap.

Thanks, Will

ok so i went out and took a few new ones really fast.

DSCN1504.jpg

DSCN1505.jpg

DSCN1506.jpg

DSCN1507.jpg

And here is the thing we built to keep our feeds. It is probably what I am most proud of. The horses always were knocking over these cans, but anything i bought that they couldnt turn over, the rats ate through. So, this is what we ened up with, and i LOVE it.

DSCN1508.jpg

DSCN1509.jpg

Enjoy,

can't wait to see yours,

Will

Very neat!!! Your barn is so big!!! I love it
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

My barns, as I've said and shown many times, are nothing fancy but they work good for us. H is finishing one now that is another little 2 stall one. The stalls in our barns are 8x12. The wood run in shed is 12x16 and the carport run in (lined w/ wood) is 18x21. The diagram shows the little barns / run ins. H is building two more (another 3-stall near the existing three stall, and another two stall in the middle right side paddock -- for a total of 5 little barns plus run ins and small stall). Then, I think, we are DONE and have set up the space really as well as I know how for efficiency, etc.

3-Stall Barn, 12x24:
Three%20Stall%20Barn%20--%2011132005%20--%20006.jpg

Run In, 12x16:

Run%20In%20Shed%20Lot%20Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20045.jpg

2-Stall Barn, 12x16:

Two%20Stall%20Barn%20--%20Buildings%20--%2011132005%20--%20007.jpg

Carport Run In, 18x21:

Carport%20--%2011132005%20--%20033.jpg

Small Pen w/ 8x8 Stall:

Small%20Pen%20Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20009.jpg

Lay Out of Horse Areas -- diagram is not to scale:

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Layout%2008042007%20smaller.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

Jill, I really like yours. The carport one is too cute. We still have a lot of work left, but i love it. That diagram is neat! The layout looks so good, i wish mine was more spead out.

Will

Here is our Barn...it was an old barn we restored...it was a lot of work but, also a lot of fun :lol:

Dickens even has his very own special stall so, he can keep an eye on all his women
default_wub.png
:

hope ya like it,

lis

DSC00600hot%20air%20ballon%20barn.jpg

Here is our Barn...it was an old barn we restored...it was a lot of work but, also a lot of fun :lol:

Dickens even has his very own special stall so, he can keep an eye on all his women
default_wub.png
:

hope ya like it,

lis

DSC00600hot%20air%20ballon%20barn.jpg

I LOVE IT!!!! do you have any pictures of the inside? How many stalls is it? I really love it!!!

Will

this is our barn, just moved to it in Feb. But I love it.

Its a 7 stall Morton barn with hot/cold wash rack, plenty of hay storage and an indoor pen.

This is the inside

fromthedoor.jpg

The view coming up the drive

fromthedrive.jpg

The red roof is the parking for the trucks and behind that is my house. The photo of the inside is taken from the back door of the house, its all attached. Going to really love it this winter.

this is our barn, just moved to it in Feb. But I love it.

Its a 7 stall Morton barn with hot/cold wash rack, plenty of hay storage and an indoor pen.

This is the inside

fromthedoor.jpg

The view coming up the drive

fromthedrive.jpg

The red roof is the parking for the trucks and behind that is my house. The photo of the inside is taken from the back door of the house, its all attached. Going to really love it this winter.
I like! and it is attached to your house? very handy! and BIG. I like is a lot...im adding thinks to my want list with every post...i just added hot/cold wash rack! haha

MiniMom is being modest. Her barn and house is just the perfect set up.

She can feed , train and sleep and never go outside. !! One of my favorites!!!

:aktion033: :aktion033: Maryann

Lisa your barn is absolutely gorgeous! Karen, we lived "in" our barn while we built a house and if I had it to do over I think I'd just build a bigger apartment and stay there - it was great living right there and being able to open my door and check on horses.

barn5.jpg

Back side of my barn.

Jan

GreenWoodMinis I love your barn! It looks so Vermontish and colonial. I've always loved stone barns.

I love the barn that my husband built for me!! It's log and log siding, 34X30, 6 10X10 stalls (one is a tack/feed room), has a 12X30 run in off the left side for the horses in the biggest pasture and the 3 stalls on the right open up into the barnyard pen. They are left open so the horses can go in and out. My husband built it all himself (with a lot of "gopher" work by me!!). I don't have any pix of the inside online so can only show you the following exterior shot. It's wider then it looks as I couldn't get the entire thing in a picture. Wish you could see the top as my husband built a cupola. He had never made one before, but figured it out and it looks great. We put a rooster weathervane on it. I am so proud of what my husband built for me!! Lots and lots of work and I really appreciate it very much!!
default_wub.png
:

5-20-07040-510x388.jpg

This is my barn its not very big right now but we are looking for more land and when we move we will build the BIG ONE! I designed the barn it has 1 big horse stall and two mini stall and we have tow other mini stalls that are not quite all the finished on the side you cant see.

Darn cant get the photo to post how do you do that?

http://chelseaedens.googlepages.com/100_15..._1523-large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Georgine, your barn is everything I dream of!!! I would so love and old barn like that one. It is just beautiful!! Lucky, lucky you!!!

Thank you, it's a good barn and everything is pretty handy.

The beauty of these old barns is the stone foundation. Stays cool in the summer and holds the heat in the winter.

Sometimes they can be damp if it's been a really hot humid day, and then it "sweats". That's the only thing that bothers me about it. I think a large fan would solve the problem, but it doesn't last too long and once it cools off in the evening all is well again..

Wow, all of your barns look so good, and everyone's is so original. I love them all. One day im going to get me a HUGE one, but for now, i really like my own. I think i could look at barns all day.

Will

Latest posts

Back