Barn Photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildoak

Reaction score
9ea2df03.jpg

WildOakTrail06043.jpg

Oh I absolutely *LOVE* your barn and stalls!!! Please do tell the sixe stalls, size barn, and where you got the mesh and stall doors!!! Oh man you SO have my interest sparked - can I have your barn?? Hee hee!! :bgrin

Katie

Okay, I posted before I was ready. More photos....

WildOakTrail06052.jpg

WildOakTrail06051.jpg

WildOakTrail06047.jpg

We are finally in the house, barn is essentially complete. The white walled area is my wash/groom room - half the room is covered with the white waterproof siding, the other side when cleaned up and ready will be just grooming/clipping. I still have work to do in my tack room - it has been storage for now - and I desparately need to fit one or two stalls for big horses since I have one foaling next spring, and have an outside wash rack built for them.

I'm really pleased with everything else though, except maybe for the racket they make on those panel dividers.
default_unsure.png
:

Jan

Beautiful barn! The top photo in the second set of photos is dark on my screen tho.

Beth

Big stalls (there are 3) are 12 x 15. Others are divided in half, so about 12 x 7.5 (6 that size). Overall barn is about 40 x 105 - bigger than I wanted (men
default_rolleyes.gif
: ), lots of walking lol, but not complaining :bgrin The aisle may be my favorite part - after having a 10' aisle for 20 years, we expanded. This one is 15' wide, plenty of room to drive a truck in if need be, and an absolute highway for my golf cart!

We have a 15 x 45' apartment across from the stalls, where we lived for 8 months. Was going to make it my office but right now it's in limbo - plenty of extra space if anyone comes to visit.
default_yes.gif
:

The area behind the barn is divided into 3 turnouts - stallion on either end, and a bigger one in the middle that I used for mares/foals in the spring and now is turnout for the show boys.

My 2 big mares are out to pasture 24/7 but the bred mare will have to come up next spring, so my priority is to get an end stall fitted out for her. Her 16 hands would probably step over what's there now.

Jan

RE dark picture - I got out there late in the day....will try another one from another day.

Wood is all treated, gates & dividers are Priefert panels - we cut the top bar off to eliminate heads and legs getting stuck in them.

wildoakrain06022.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your barn is beautiful!! We are in the middle of getting ours done now.

Please tell me where you got your gates! And are they 4 foot? I really like them.

I am going to have solid wall stall dividers, and I love having a gate they can really see out of.

And is the interior wood untreated? It looks light colored like untreated wood.

We always used pressure treated in Florida, but it seems other folks use untreated wood.

OMG!!!You have my dream barn!!!I am soooo loving it!!Its everything I could ever want!!Very jelouse hear :lol: !!!! Nice barn and great job!!
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
: :aktion033: :new_shocked:

I agree your barn is beautiful, I love all the windows too. I hate to be selfish but I sure would love to have that barn sitting here near my house, that'd be the ultimate.
default_yes.gif
:

Beautiful Barn. I really like it.

Is that your official barn mouser sitting in the bucket in the second photo?

ooooo i like :lol: :bgrin i love it.. its soo cute...
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

WOW you have excellent taste! Your horses have it made! Congrats on getting your barn done, it turned out beautiful!!!

Latest posts

Back