Barbaro

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshine2be

Reaction score
Godsped such a beautiful animal, and God bless the owners for making the right decision to keep him out of pain.

..just add that beautiful animal to the hundreds of thousands the racing industry destroys literally and physically each year.

I know quite a few equine amputees that are living very happy lives. Shame they couldn't have "lopped" him off at the hock. I'm sure with the owners money they could have had a prostesis fitted too. ...But I dpn't know all the circumstances (just read your post) so perhaps there were other issues.

I'm not a racing fan period. It's not the racing itself...it's racing 2 year olds whose legs are no where near finished growing (not to mention the growth plates on the spine that don't close 'til the age of 5 ! And feeding streoids to muscle up young colts and fillies.

Okay, I'll get off my soap box. It THe most glorious day here..clear blue skies with frosted trees and ice crystals floating down. Stunning

That beautiful creature gave the world such hope...he exemplified courage and tenacity, as well as an inner peace that humans seldom know.

I wish you could have won this race, sweet boy, but now you're free to run without pain.

Thank you.

[SIZE=12pt]Godspeed Barbaro - you gave it your all![/SIZE]

Barbie

Latest posts

Back