Baby hummer?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaladar

Reaction score
Saw this lil fella outside the kitchen window yesterday evening. I went outside and took several pictures. It looks to be young?

It is sitting on a electric wire. I felt bad becasue I had sprayed water on all the bushes earlier, and maybe I flushed him/her out. I have never seen any adults though. But that doesn't mean they aren't there.

I went out today and bought a hummingbird feeder just in case it is still around.

I would love to have hummingbirds.!!

babyhummerJuly24c.jpg

babyhummerJuly24b.jpg

It was still over 100 when I took the pictures at around 7:30 pm.

Sue

I have a feeling you're right.......that it's an immature hummer.

You took some WONDERFUL pics.......hope the little fellow hangs around and uses your feeder!

MA

What Sue? Owls aren't enough? LOL Very cute, nice pictures too! How are the owlings by the way?

Love the pics and I just love hummers. I have some on my movie film but don't know how to get them on the computer. Thanks so much. FLFlyingW

Hi Stacy....the baby owls are all grown up and gone...they hung around for awhile, the parents kicked them out of the barn, but I could hear them in the trees at night screeching to be fed....LOL.

Here is the last picture I have of them, the third one was already hanging out up in the rafters with mom and dad, like a big boy...LOL....I hope they all made it

100_1334.jpg

We don't have many birds around, I guess because of the owls.

Sue
default_smile.png

I'm thinking it might not be all that young. We just recently had a youngster here(he is still hanging around too!
default_wub.png
: ) The thing that makes me think yours is not a baby is the length of the beek. Yours looks to have a full grown beek. Don't have time now, but later I will repost a pic of our little one for comparison.

Speaking of hummingbirds! Last week, I noticed some huge grasshoppers around, and finally discovered they were hummingbirds! They were around my flowers on the front porch. I now have 3 feeders out and dozens of hummingbirds. I love the little fellows, and have never seen more than one at a time in Ky., but here in Texas, we have lots of them. They are so fascinating, I am afraid I can sit for a couple of hours just watching them!

Latest posts

Back