Baby Donkey #2 came yesterday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erica

Reaction score
Of course Pasty Cline was born 3 weeks ago ( her dam is Dolly Parton), and just yesterday Lorretta Lynn (who is a 4yr old daughter of Dolly Parton) went into labor. It was her first foal and the legs and nose were pointed up and we had to pull quite a bit once we got everything in place, but she made it out and was up in less than 3 mins! - I think a little overcooked as she was due about 2-3 weeks ago as Lorretta and Dolly were both bred the same week to the same jack. She already has 4 teeth that have started to break the gums and I heard a little bray out of her already.

Well here she is Erica's Kitty Wells just a few hours after birth and she is actually a lot darker now that she is completly dried off - really a deep coco color.

Erica-donkey-filly-number2--1.jpg

Erica-donkey-filly-number2--3.JPG

Erica-donkey-filly-number2--6.JPG

Erica-donkey-filly-number2--2.JPG

Erica-donkey-filly-number2--5.JPG

This was less than an hour old and LOOK at these EARS!

Erica-donkey-filly-number2--4.JPG

And here is as close as Pasty and Kitty got yesterday But I give them another day or two and they are going to be best buds - not to mention like 75% full sisters!

Erica-donkey-filly-number2--7.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
aktion033.gif
Congrats!!!! Very cute! I am anxiously awaiting 2 foals, one I know should be anyday!!!!!!!
wink.gif

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Oh Erica she is a doll.!!! Will she or Kitty be for sale later?? E-mail me and let me know.
biggrin.gif
Give her a hug for me to
biggrin.gif

your arkansas neighbor Cheryl

CONGRATS!!! There is NOTHING cuter!!! Some of those pics need to be sent it to a contest... I'm blanking out guys...is it equine.com?

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

StarWish/Colleen

What a doll! Hey you need to put picture #6 on Equisite! Congratulations!!!

Janine

How cute.Love those long ears, we have 2 yearling Jennys and are crazy about them. Congratulations

wub.gif
aktion033.gif

wub.gif
Baby donks are just ADORABLE! I loov forward to some dry pics
smile.gif

I just love our little "Vernon" He is a week old and so full of himself.

How cute!!! I didn't get to see all of the pics, some wouldn't come up for me. Congrats!

Oh how sweet, I gotta quit looking over here..I'm falling for these tiny long eared sweeties.

Gosh! They are so so cute! (I agree with Dimi, gotta stop peeking at these little long-eared ones!)

MA

Erica said:
Of course Pasty Cline was born 3 weeks ago ( her dam is Dolly Parton), and just yesterday Lorretta Lynn (who is a 4yr old daughter of Dolly Parton) went into labor. It was her first foal and the legs and nose were pointed up and we had to pull quite a bit once we got everything in place, but she made it out and was up in less than 3 mins! - I think a little overcooked as she was due about 2-3 weeks ago as Lorretta and Dolly were both bred the same week to the same jack. She already has 4 teeth that have started to break the gums and I heard a little bray out of her already. Too precious for words. Congrats on your new babes!!! Ramona

Back