At Some Point, Don't You Have a Responsibility to the Horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Sammyelle for posting that, it always brings tears to my eyes everytime I read it thinking about the "old one" quietly going about her business and saving all the horses. This is a farm too where we love the old ones, my mare a 1/4/ TB cross lived to the ripe old age of 36 before I had to help her cross rainbow bridge and she is buried here, I planted a tree where she is laid to rest, she was being ridden up until she was about 32, she didn't want to retire so I used to take her out every once in a while for a little trail ride
default_smile.png
I still miss her. The minis we have now will be here for the rest of their lives unless I am no longer able to care for them, at which time they will be placed only with people that will care for them the way I do, I have left provision for them in my will too just in case they outlive me. I would hate to think of them being mistreated. I love them all.

Yvonne

Thank you Sammyelle - of course I am sitting here crying my eyes out - as usual, whenever I even think about this story. Reading it once again will pretty much cause me to use up the entire box of tissues.

I think I will take a few extra minutes tonight to kiss each of my kids on the nose goodnight - and especially "the old ones"
default_wub.png

Stacy

Latest posts

Back