Arenosa horses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jegray21

Reaction score
I was looking through one of my minis papers and Arenosa is mentioned several times when looking up his relatives. I know nothing about breeding..it this a blood line? I got him as a driving mini so honestly did not pay much attention to his papers when I bought him just that he was registered AMHR. I see Aernosa mentioned a lot on topics here...but still can not figure out what you guys are talking about
default_unsure.png

thanks
default_smile.png

I was looking through one of my minis papers and Arenosa is mentioned several times when looking up his relatives. I know nothing about breeding..it this a blood line? I got him as a driving mini so honestly did not pay much attention to his papers when I bought him just that he was registered AMHR. I see Aernosa mentioned a lot on topics here...but still can not figure out what you guys are talking about
default_unsure.png

thanks
default_smile.png

Not sure if this is what you are looking for?

Waited awhile to see if anyone wanted give info...

http://www3.telus.net/minihorses/arenosa.html

That was a good link with the basic info about the Arenosa.

Yes it is a bloodline. A full 100 percent Arenosa bred pony is also 100 percent Shetland. However, a large number of them have remained small enough to be registered into AMHR. And a few have even been able to qualify for AMHA.

Many mini breeders like the "look" and the movement of the Arenosa line so much that they like to cross it with other miniature bloodlines. These crosses have proved to be extremely competitive in the show ring.

That was a good link with the basic info about the Arenosa.

Yes it is a bloodline. A full 100 percent Arenosa bred pony is also 100 percent Shetland. However, a large number of them have remained small enough to be registered into AMHR. And a few have even been able to qualify for AMHA.

Many mini breeders like the "look" and the movement of the Arenosa line so much that they like to cross it with other miniature bloodlines. These crosses have proved to be extremely competitive in the show ring.

Thanks for the link! That's the information I was looking for
default_yes.gif
There is so much to learn!

Latest posts

Back