Are there brown/beige showhalters?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meavey

Reaction score
I would LOVE to find a light-brown showhalster with a nice wide nose band for my champagne cream fellow.

He is such a light tone, that I feel black looks a bit hard on him, a nice lightbrown/beige halter with maybe an golden/yellow tone noseband?

To go with his amber eyes.
default_wink.png
:

I think it would look so nice on him, anyone know where to find them in that color?

Showtime also makes a gold/bronze one w/gold accents. I got it for my "pale o mino" colt and it looked great!

He also has some white/silver ones (the cable part) that are striking for guys like yours. I know Chimacum Tack Shack sells them (Showtimes) at www.horsedriver.com/

Liz M.

Love the schneiders, thanks! :aktion033:

the other website´s link to the showhalters doesn´t word I´ve send them an email about that.
default_wink.png
:

We had our tack supplier (Jim Curry) custom order one last year from the manufacturer for our perlino stallion. Jim has one for one of his Shetlands in the perfect shades - he said it was an older one, so not the current colors, but I did want one anyway - match the horse not the fad!

It is in the creams, tans, golds to pull out his dark points. The cable is brown (I don't have it in front of me, but I can get a photo of it if you'd like).

We had to pre-pay but it was comparable to any of the other tack stores and took about 2-3 weeks to get.

I do have the Schneiders one as well (actually a couple of their different ones). It fits some of our horses, but is a bit large on a few others. The nose band - it fits (IMHO) like a large Victor halter maybe 8-8.5" across from ring to ring and 23.5" around the poll. I can measure it exactly if you'd like. Schneiders was very easy to work with as they sent one that I couldn't unbuckle so returned without a problem.

I measured him at 8,5 over the nose and 24 over the poll, so if I look at the schneiders website the large would be perfect.

So you had one made Michelle? I would like to see a pic, does he have a website?

Returning from over here is always a problem, so hope that whatever I get just fits good, else I will just use it on another one! :bgrin

The SStack halters run BIG. I bought a large for my B gelding, Bacardi, who's about 36". I was tempted to get the XL and am happy I did not. The Large SStack one is in the last (smallest) hole. The XL would have been way too big on him.

The SStack halters run BIG. I bought a large for my B gelding, Bacardi, who's about 36". I was tempted to get the XL and am happy I did not. The Large SStack one is in the last (smallest) hole. The XL would have been way too big on him.
Dobby does have a wide face, a bit quarterstyle :bgrin , do you think it would be to big?

He is 33,5 ".

Jill, do you find the Schneiders ones fit any bigger than the BKM halters? I thought they were exactly the same as BKM.

I started out with one of the TM series halters from Star Lake, so then trying to figure out size when I went to buy a BKM was almost impossible. My Star Lake "yearling" noseband is roughly the same size as the BKM "large", but the BKM large headstall is bigger than the Star Lake yearling size. If I tried to match the Star Lake adult size in BKM I had a choice between large--where the headstall was right but the nose was small, or extra large where the noseband was close (a little bigger) and the headstall was huge. I did get an extra large, which works on a couple of our biggest mares and a couple of the big geldings, but is too big for everyone else--the noseband looks okay on a couple but the headstall is too large, on some of the others (those that have longer but very refined heads with small muzzles) the headstall would work but the noseband practically wraps around.

The Schneiders halters seem to measure up exactly the same as the BKM's, so for that order I went for the large--kind of a comprimise, slightly shorter nose but the headstall works.

My Showtime halter seems to fit the same as Star Lake's TM halters.

Conclusion--it's necessary to have a great variety of halters & sizes if you're showing several horses, or different horses each year, that way you can mix & match halters & horses. It gets expensive. It's funny, when we got our first 2 minis & looked for a show halter, I said there was no way I was paying over $100 for one of those tiny little Araby show halters. Um hmm. Now I have....a collection of them. :lol:

You might try this Billy Royal Halter.

Billy Royal mini halter

I saw this one in person at a show and I really liked it.

I just ordered two of them in black from Double Diamond Tack. They were on sale and a really good buy!

Sorry Meavey - I hadn't noticed how far away you are!!!

As for the SSTack ones - we do have the Billy Royal Elegant Thread and the Hollywood Night. I like the Hollywood Night one on most of our horses - it's very flattering.

This year, I bought all new show halters and sold my "old" ones, except I kept one BKM (below -- "Czar" model). I bought an SStack one w/ closed rings and a gold nose, a Designer Series Shepherd from Star Lake, and four Victors. The BKM below is large but is smaller than the large SStack, and the Shepherd one is also a large but also smaller than the SStack Large. Conversly, the Victors that are Large fit more like a BKM mediu.
default_wacko.png
: But, or course, are gorgeous and I'm thrilled to have them! Too bad it's not like ordering a pair of shoes where an 8.5 is an 8.5 is an 8.5!

5021ab.jpg

shep%20A%2092.jpg

Hope this helps!

Where on the internet are the Victor halters available?? I have searched but to no avail, and I really like the look of them (the closed ring ones, like Billy Royal).

Any info much appreciated :bgrin

Brigid --

I was able to order some Victors directly from Victor (via phone and fax) late last fall / early last winter. I had faxed him last summer to inquire if he would do mini halters then or if he did arab weanling and did they fit. The answer at that time was no on both counts as he was too busy with Arab tack (no weanling halters). Then he called me like in November to say he did have some time and was able to make some mini halters. Erica, Kim and I ordered some but we were too scared really to let the word out until we got ours -- scared he'd get SWAMPED with other people's orders.

Here is Victor's website. He is SO nice!!! He has a very thick accent and I talk too fast -- I'm not sure either of us understood all of what the other was saying but his work is truly top notch. A true craftsman / artist!!! I'm not sure if he's still able to do mini halters but would be worth looking into. They are so well made. I really expect mine will last me as long as I want to show minis and I do not think they will ever be out of style. They are so classy.

Jill

http://www.victorcustomtack.com/

Thanks so much for that Jill, living so far away from the 'real' world does have it's disadvantages somethimes! :lol:

I always seem to see the Victor halters on the loveliest horses, they have a real understated elegance about them.

Looks like I have more shopping to do...don't tell hubby! :lol:
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back