are hubby's interested ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehehehehehehehe..I tricked mine...talked him into buying a horse in his name...this will make it less my thing and more his...and he is excited about it...of course I am elated...only 8 more days until she arrives! Now it is no longer hay for my horses...but for our horses!

My hubby was totally against it at first. But like he says my mom and I never listen to men and we probably never will. When we would go to visit he would come, but he is allergic to them. He helps feed, cleans their stall, and does hay, he also gets the sawdust for me.

He wants to get more land so we can get more and start breeding some. Right now they are at my mom's house which is only 5 minutes away when you walk. Over all he's coming around. He was never around horses growing up (he came from the city). We live in the town I grew up in.

Christy
laugh.gif
aktion033.gif
wub.gif

Couldn't do it without him! Michael isn't as over the edge as I am but

he's right in there with his sleeves rolled up, EVERY DAY. He cleans as well

as I do, and I am PICKY! Cleans and hauls water buckets, unloads truck loads

of hay, brings dump truck loads of shavings in, digs weeds, builds fences and stalls.

He ohh's and ahh's over the babies when they are born.

He does so much of the heavy work, I often feel guilty.

Although we don't show, he goes to horse shows with me and does very well at picking

out class winners.

He's not so into grooming and the fussy stuff but he patiently holds anyone for

me while I do.

In return, he golfs at any given opportunity. It's our trade off. Works fine for us.

My husband is really interested/involved in our horses - the big ones! We have a breeding operation of AQHA and he puts heart and soul in them, cleans stalls, trims,mows fields, hays, feeds, shows, trains - you name it -as long as it doesn't involve paperwork (my department!) he is doing it! We breed 6 - 10 AQHA mares a year and have young horses in various stages of training for a total of 22 AQHA.

Now the minis are a different story - he just can't see the point of them! But he does help out any way he can (and I have seen him on more than one occaision sweetalk them when he thought no one ws looking) Sooo, he cleans stalls, feeds, trims, trailers all without complaint but he always has a joke ready for my mini-butts (as he calls them)- I believe once I finish my mares under harness and he drives one, he will come around!

Sharon

www.justadreamqtrh.com

My husband has NO interest in the horses!!!!!!!

Or in the barn or building fences or moving hay NOTHING!!!!!!!

I do it all myself!!!

He thinks horses stink, hay itches, manure is disgusting and I am half crazy!!

I just asked him to help me come out and move the trailer and he was NOT impressed!

In the Spring I had my 3 little mares arrive. I had told him all about it but it went in one ear and out the other! The next day he said "DO you realise there are 3 horses in the yard?" I said yes honey, I bought them and paid someone to deliver them and was all excited last night when they arrived, remember????

Oh well, I have to say he always says if it makes you happy that is great! He never interferes or gives out about it or complains about the cost or anything he just wants NOTHING to do with it!!

Fair is fair I guess!!!!!!!!!

My hubby Tommy is as much if not more as much of a horse nut as I am. In fact, when I have thought about throwing in the towel it has been him that has held pat and pulled me through. It's from his strength and determination we are on the roll that we are in our breeding program. My Tommy's the best!
aktion033.gif

Dawn
saludando.gif

We had our sixth anniversary this year, been together seven years. My hubby grew up on a dairy farm, I on a hobby farm. He knew nothing about horses really, when we met - had never even rode one. That soon changed. When I first told him last year what I planned on buying - well lets just say he was less then pleased. We recently had our first three miniatures delivered. Now that they are home, he really looks out for them - and all in all likes them a lot. Though I dont expect him to admitt that any time soon! He insists on taking care of the fencing, would rather feed them then have me do it and is always johnny on the spot to take care of "farm chores." I have to say that I cant complain in this department!
rolleyes.gif
xkngt.gif
xbud.gif

Nope, My husband has had no interest in the horses until our daughter began to show at local shows. He will moan and groan about it being too hot out, while Savannah and I show, LOL. At least he supports her efforts, but as far as feeding or anything if I am sick, nope, I have to go out and do it.

He does not ask anything until I sell someone,. then he wants to know how much WE got, LOL He is a total mess, gotta love him.

My hubby picked out the first one. He got a new work shift so most of the tme I get to clean stall by myself but he helps pick up the pastures and fix anything that needs fixed and carries in the hay and bedding for me nights. We say that one is mine, that one is yours...LOL

f4ba67ff.jpg

f654f7af.jpg

No going to other farms with out him either.

lyn_j said:
[SIZE=14pt]Mine isnt interested at all. He does build barns and put up fences but getting him to come to a show is torture for him which he avoids at all cost unless I cant find anyone else to drive me.[/SIZE]Lyn

440778[/snapback]

same here... with my boyfriend/best guy frind of 9 month/1 year

he loves building & tractors & guy stuff but is not so fond of the horses, but he did work at a local barn for 3 years & is very skilled with them(horses), he has good horse sence when he uses it
rolleyes.gif
all our horses love him for some reason
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

wub.gif
HERE IS MY HUBBY...TRAVIS, SHOWING HIS GELDING HONEYSUCKLE KNOLLS TOYS LITTLE RUSTY...AN MULTIPLE AMHA NATIONAL CHAMPION AND RESERVE GRAND. TRAVIS WON UNDER ALL THREE JUDGES RIGHT AFTER THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN.

HE HAS BUILT ALL OUR FENCE...BUILT THINGS IN THE BARN AND, SUPPORTS MY LOVE OF THESE VERY SPECIAL LITTLE HORSES...AND, HE IS A WONDERFUL & PRETTY DARN CUTE GUY LOL...I'M A LUCKY GIRL
wub.gif
wub.gif
DSC00655travis%20and%20rusty.jpg

Oh yeah... My husband has built our barn, 2 run in sheds and a hay shed. Poor guy has to keep adding on because I keep buying horses. He says no more,but every time we get one. He says if they act right they stay. LOL They all have stayed,but 2. Not bad odds considering we have 10 minis and 1 quarter horse.
smile.gif

He feeds in the evenings now. He is getting ready to start trimming them himself. Helps with the farrier and the vet.

& he helps clean the paddocks! Now that's a BIG deal!

When I was pregnant he fed all feedings almost the entire pregnancy.

He doesn't care for the showing though. He said you can show,but I want no parts of it.

This weekend he is building our new "Bunny hut" for our 7 bunnies. Got add that. Shows he loves all our critters.

He proposed to me at a barn that we were both working at to help support- "MY" hobby. Yeah, right.

Our wedding album has a place to write about what your hobbies are etc.

This is his comment---- Interests----- horses.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Now wasn't that a nice surprise to see.

I have married an angel!

My wife's husband seems to really enjoy the horses. Even though it is all her idea and all her endeavor, he is quite helpful and often shows the horses. Sometimes with success. I think he really likes the little guys.

smile.gif

Kim is right, Chris is her angel!!! She and I both have talked about how lucky we are to have such supportive and hard working husbands
wub.gif

And, btw, I got one of their "didn't act rights". She's been a joy here except she did kick Harvey once. I don't think she'll do it again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill-
biggrin.gif

Yep we are very blessed. Gotta say if I can't keep them it's great to be able to send them your way.
smile.gif

Actually the horses were my husband's idea. He got bit by the "horse bug" a few years back and as he had no prior horse experience I suggested that he get minis as he would be less likely to get killed.
laugh.gif
We were going to put up a nice shed and get two minis as pets. I told him we could not show minis as we show dogs, and we could not do both.

So, as we were grooming at our first horse show I pointed out that here we were at a horse show - and he informed me that this had been his "plan" all along.
no.gif

Our problem is that we are both into the animals and there is nobody to tell the other "No" or "enough already".

So, one year. a 30 x 60 barn, 5 minis, 2 QH's - oh, and a brand new trailer ordered Wednesday - later......

See you at Nationals!
saludando.gif

Shelley

My Hubby is not interested in riding, but I think he has grown to like them.

He knows I "Need" to have them around, so doesn't mind any more. He helps me by building fence or what ever needs to be done.

He is the one that wanted me to get a riding horse with lots of miles, that is why I got my Fjord mare.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Am lucky, he is such a sweet man.
wub.gif

YES! I couldn't do it without him, but I am careful when it comes to "wishing" for another one, he's the first one "looking to buy" if I mention anything. When we started I thought I'd be the one "wanting" and he'd be the one saying "no not right now, or worrying the money" but it's turned into the opposite!

lyn_j said:
[SIZE=14pt]Mine isnt interested at all. He does build barns and put up fences but getting him to come to a show is torture for him which he avoids at all cost unless I cant find anyone else to drive me.[/SIZE]Lyn

440778[/snapback]

Lyn what are you doing with MY husband
laugh.gif

He likes my horses and likes the chores he picks to do with them but he thinks horse shows are the most stupid things he's ever seen.

I wouldn't be where I am today without my hubbies support. He doesn't get into the conformation & pedigree as I do but he loves the horses and is usually the one telling me "no you can't sell this horse or that horse"
laugh.gif

He helps me with building shelters, getting hay & stacking it....etc. Is always my travel partner if I want to go to a show or if I need to take a horse a long way. He is always there to pick me up when I get discouraged and to give me advice when I'm unsure about something.

He's not as involved as I'd like him to be but he is involved enough to be a great support.
wub.gif

He thinks horse shows are the most boring thing in this world too
yes.gif

"Like watching paint dry" Oh well
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Back