Anyone with type II diabites?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I had the test today. The worst part was the waiting around. The glucose tasted like flat sprite, not bad. But this afternoon I was exhausted and took a nap, now I feel like crap. It's dinner time and I'm not hungry, the smell of the food makes me sick. Is this typical?

I'm calling for the results tomorrow, I can't wait until the 10th.

Lee
This is just my opinion, but if your pancreas was working properly you probably wouldn't have felt bad after and were so tired. That happnens when you have a high blood sugar that stays up... tiredness, feeling sick, excessive thirst. The pancreas is not producing enough insulin to fight the glucose you drank.

Again, just my opinion, but that's what it sounds like.

I hope I'm wrong.

It could be hypoglycemia as well. The one time I took that test, I was diagnosed with that. Boy, did I ever feel terrible afterwards. Went home and straight to bed. The idiot doctor actually guaranteed I would never have diabetes (this was in the early 80's). Imagine my suprise when I was diagnosed with it many years later.

Good luck!

Additionally, if you're like me, just the "stress" of taking the test (the emotions of it right there and what it may mean) can make you tired as well. Anytime I get worked up about something, I get really tired (and of course, part of my diabetes is that stress makes my numbers go sky high...). I'm happy you are not waiting until the 10th for the results. That would feel like a crazy amount of time to have to wonder. And, know if you have it, there are effective treatments and boy, you will wonder how you could stand being so tired for so long when you start to feel better.

Latest posts

Back