Anyone here ever been prescribed Meridia?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeannie B

Reaction score
:saludando: My doc prescribed these for me and was wondering if any of you have ever tried these pills?

I need to lose about 30 pounds and my doctor thought that Meridia would be best for me.

Just curious!

I took it a few years ago and didn't have much luck with it. It's basically a stimulant and chemically related to amphetamines so as time goes on you become resistant to the effects. Unfortunately, for me I not only gained back the 40 lbs I lost but put another 10 on to boot when I stopped taking it.

I suggest a high stress lifestyle dealing with psycho horse people, doing old fashioned mare stare (sans cameras) every other night, caring for 4 sick/injured horses, building a barn and moving 6 of them in one day in a two horse trailer that most of them hate while holding down a full-time plus nutso job.
default_wink.png
: Helped me lose almost 55 lbs in the past couple of months so far.

I will agree with Shirley up to the high stress levels to lose weight (poor Shirley) but I have found the drug to have too many side effects and the fast feelings patients, I have dealt with, get when on it tend to make them drink more soda and such. I have never much liked the idea of a pill to lose wieght. Those folks I have helped naturally do better for some reason. The first thing to conquer in weight loss is the stress that many times feeds it.

[SIZE=12pt]I still swear by South Beach
default_wub.png
: . I simplify and have one large scrambled egg with two strips of turkey bacon a glass of milk and a cup of coffee for breakfast. For Lunch a broiled chicken breast with a can of green beans. and for dinner, a salad with tuna with SB dressing and a diet jello. String cheese and Pistachio nuts for snacks. After two weeks you can have the meal repacement bars and add in some of their frozen dinners and they also have several cookbooks. If you stick to it you can lose 10 pounds a month and feel great. Instead of taking pills, use food as the medication. I SWEAR! it works!! REALLY!![/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back