Anyone have Vizsulas?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CZP1

Reaction score
Would love to know if anyone has one? What are they like, health problems etc?

We have a miniature schnauzer now and would love to get another dog next year. Thanks in advance!

We do!!! Actually he showed up in our pasture a few months ago and after several weeks of trying to find his home and talking with a rescue he has become a permanent resident here
default_wub.png
!! Very smart dogs!! They are also velcro dogs!! great with my kids, he is still learning what is allowable with the cats!! We have had no problems with the other animals, just the cats. I will say he was a intact boy and is not now and he improves every day!! He loves his toys and smiles all the time. They are truly a great dog!! Again very intelligent!!!
default_smile.png

I'm assuming you mean Hungarian Vizslas...I adore these dogs. I have only ever dealt with the smooth-haired variety (they also come in wired-haired) but I assume they would be much the same.

They are a sporting group dog (close working gun dog meant to be working all day) and with that comes ENERGY! They are very active and needs an outlet for that energy or else you may end up with a destructive dog. They're very family orientated...velcro dog would be a good term! haha. You must socialize it properly as I have known many to be too timid, or overly exciteable...Exciteable is certainly a good work for a vizsla. Major health concerns for vizslas is epilepsy, also seen is canine hip dysplaysia, lymphosarcoma, and progressive retinal atrophy. Then rarely seen is dwarfism, hypothyroidism, persistent right aortic arch, tricuspid valve dysplasia. These dogs are such sweethearts, I really do love this breed but remember they have ENERGY to burn!

http://www.vizslacanada.ca/

http://clubs.akc.org/vizsla/

WE have a Vizsla he is a great family dog. We have barn cats and a house cat he gets along fine with them. Love my grandkids. All around great dog.

Alice

Latest posts

Back