Anyone have the skinny on....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENWOODMINIS

Reaction score
Does anyone know whats going on with the AMHA performance futurity for next year?

thanks,

lis

Hey Lisa! I missed seeing you this year, hope to see you next year :aktion033:

The Performance Futurity will be exactly the same next year, as it has to play out the term for horses already nominated (three years). So when the contract (Futurity nominations prior to 2006 nominations)expires, 2009, then the Performance Futurity changes. So next year all is the same.

Hope all is well with you and your family,

Natalie

Just to clarify - Nominations for the Performance Futurity starts next year and the actually showing of those nominated horses (classes) starts in 2010. However, there is something wonderful that is going on and that is the performance horse stakes! If you go to AMHA's website their should be more information about that - it was quite a success this year, kudos to Gary Barnes. If you have more questions about the stakes or the futurity contact Gary (he is the Performance Committee chairperson)- I don't have his e-mail address, but he is in Texas and the farm is Bar NS Ranch (Lisa Barnes is his wife).

Hope this helps,

Natalie Roberts

I have a question about the Performance Futurity as I wasn't able to stay for all of the meetings. My question is......why is this being called a performance Futurity? What I have heard is it relates only to driving. It that correct? So it is actually a driving futurity? Performance would include classes for Jumping, Hunter, Obstacle, showmanship, etc.

If it's just driving shouldn't the name be changed to avoid confusion?

Charlotte

The idea was to include the Hunter in the futurity. I think it will be separate nomination. Maybe Gary will comment as he has in the past.

All that was done was take the performance classes out of the existing futurity and change the nomination rules. So, the classes remain the same driving and hunter (per Gary Barnes). I have spoke with Gary Barnes to verify this and he asked that if anyone has any questions, comments, needs clarification, etc feel free to contact him and he will assist you (he is a tremendous person and is doing a lot of work for the performance horses). He gave me his e-mail while I was on the phone with him: [email protected] and he also said there was a lot of info on AMHA's website. Hope this helps and if you need to you can contact him. But also feel free to continue to post about this on here - I think it is great to recieve feedback and comments.

So there is a lot offered for showing and breeding performance horses, and a whole lot offered for horses that do both. Start working this winter for the Stakes classes next year!

Natalie

I hope that Natalie was able to answer all of your questions. If not feel free to contact me @ [email protected] and I will be glad to help!

The whole program has been available for all to see on the AMHA website since March of 2006. Just go to "Programs" and then to "Futurity" it is under Performance futurity, and yes it includes the Hunter class.

Thanks to all of the supporters, again!

Gary

Would it be inappropriate to post the names and $$ won of the winning horses? I would love to see how it all played out. Kudos to Gary and Lisa and their entire team for such a successful first year - I can only see it getting better.

Stacy

Latest posts

Back