Anyone going to the National Drive in Kentucky?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kathy2m said:
Do they have venders that sell mini stuff? Not that I really need anything but if I gotta leave my mini at home I should bring her back something
default_rolleyes.gif
! Kathy
Last year Iowa Valley Carriage and Camptown Harness were both there with mini stuff and several other companies had pairs carts or at least one mini harness. EVERYBODY had something of interest, be it books or nice leather number holders or reflective shaft wraps or what!
default_biggrin.png

Boinky said:
...someone does something wrong they are more suseptable to bein messed up... (know what i mean?) and i just hate to put them in that possition..then i'd be mad at myself forever because I allowed them to be screwed up. Most of them an intermediate person would probably not hurt them at all.
Oh, absolutely! That's how I feel about Kody.
default_yes.gif
Okay, so a green driver probably wouldn't screw him up at this point but it would take him all of two seconds to realize he was the one in charge and then we'd be in trouble! *LOL* He's completely solid and well-behaved as long as someone who understands him has the lines. If you don't handle him right he can get upset quick and start rearing, bucking, grazing, taking off.... :DOH! yep, not for someone without a good amount of experience at least in horses in general!

I live about 45 minutes from the park i think so it's a hop skip and jump up there.
Be aware that by event rules you'll still need to get a stall for each horse even if you take them home at night as you are not allowed to work out of your trailer at the Horse Park. Given how crowded the parking lot became last year, I can see why!
default_new_shocked.gif
The trailers were so close together you could barely get your tackroom door open by Saturday. I imagine anyone signing up to take one of your horses would need to be prepared to share that cost as well as sending in their own driver registration by Sept. 15th. Go to www.nationaldrive.net for more information on what's required.

(Hint: Bring rubber mats if you have them- the stalls are concrete and enough additional bedding to cushion them sufficiently is expensive.)

Leia

humm i'll have to go check it out further and get an idea of what it's going to cost me overall.. It does sound like fun though.

wholly smokes.. $30 per night stall fee ontop of a $100 entry fee.. that could rack up a pretty big bill..maybe i wont be going with entrys so close after nationals *sigh*.

$100 entry fee? The website says:

"3 days / 2 nights: # people_____X $50=_______

More than 3 days: #people_____X $70=_______"

...which is actually the same as last year despite the event being a day longer.
default_aktion033.gif
It does get pricey though with stalls and health certificates and bedding and such. For those of us coming from out of town the park/museum admissions that are included are a nice bonus but I imagine for those of you closer that's not such a big thing.
default_unsure.png

I really doubt they'd notice additional shoppers who had not paid for the event (plenty of people from the horse park itself wandered over to look last year) but it's important to support the Drive with our registration dollars. Still, if you can't afford to bring a horse, drop by anyway!

Leia

Latest posts

Back