Anyone expecting a foal for 2024?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, nothing for me. Actually, I want out of breeding. I don't even have the desire to ride. I'm enjoying driving my little dudes, but I have no desire to do things with the big horses anymore. My daughter wants a foal from her mare and my stallion. I've got loads of semen frozen to use, so that's no issue but outside of doing that, I'm just done.
What is keeping breeders interested now?

Yes! After a 3yr break, I'm finally back on track for breeding again. It's looking like I will have 3 foals next year and I am so looking forward to seeing them! Two ponies and one triple! And I will be breeding 3-4 for the next year.

Why are you so over it?
I'm not sure. I have no desire to ride anymore. I have produced some really impressive warmbloods who have done extremely well in their careers. Out of the 14 animals I've produced, one is long-listed for the national para dressage team in his first year showing in that direction (that's my stallion). Another went high point partbred Arab junior horse at Sport Horse Nationals in the US. That's incredibly competitive! Another is showing dressage in BC, another is approaching prelim-level eventing. Certainly I don't make bad horses! Perhaps it's the people? Perhaps it's the competitive and elitest nature of dressage and training? Perhaps it's seeing all the garbage of artificial training at the horses' expense? And perhaps it's that I was unwell last winter when I was riding regularly and it was hard work and not very fun and I'm just turned off by that. I just don't know. But I do know that it's ok to honor how I'm feeling and, if I change my mind in the future, it's ok to start it back up again. It's not like it's hard to find horses... haha!!

Yes! After a 3yr break, I'm finally back on track for breeding again. It's looking like I will have 3 foals next year and I am so looking forward to seeing them! Two ponies and one triple! And I will be breeding 3-4 for the next year.
That's exciting! When are you expecting the first?

Standards Equine there is nothing wrong with getting burned out, even with something you love. Horses are way too expensive if you aren't enjoying them to the max! You may find you miss riding again in a few years, or you might not. Either way I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of your little guys.

It's almost a new year, and foaling season is sneaking up on us! Who all is expecting a foal this year? My mare is bred, but I've got a long time to wait. Even longer if she decides to go a full year again.
We are hopefully have 2! One mare is definitely prego and the second checked out of foal but very likely could be prego as she has checked out of foal before and seemed very not pregnant all to pop out a baby lol

I have two babies coming Lord willing. The first is a mare I bought in foal. Really cute bay roan mare bred to a multi world reserve champion palomino homozygous tobiano stallion. Really want a filly and ideally buckskin roan tobiano if I’m being picky lol. She’s due in March. My most anticipated foal is out of my world grand champion and world reserve grand champion tango daughter and sired by Billy Idol. Unfortunately we lost this cross last year so really hoping it works out this year. She has been in and out of the hospital due to colitis. So praying hard that she makes it to foaling and everything goes well.

I have hopefully two! One is a mare I bought in March and bred to a friend's stallion, her name is OMG When I Taste Tequila and she's a Billy Idol granddaughter! This is her as a yearling...
IMG_2611.jpg
And her in December of 2023 (she will be 6 in the spring).
View attachment IMG_8800.JPG
And then in November I bought a probably bred mare, she's had 7 foals and never had any trouble catching so I'm treating her like she is. Her name is Mini Gaits Rachel Alexandra, she's 14 I believe this year, and is a granddaughter of Buckeroo. This is her as a weanling...
IMG_2613.jpg
And in December of 2023.
IMG_8860.JPG

I have hopefully two! One is a mare I bought in March and bred to a friend's stallion, her name is OMG When I Taste Tequila and she's a Billy Idol granddaughter! This is her as a yearling...
View attachment 51086
And her in December of 2023 (she will be 6 in the spring).
View attachment 51087
And then in November I bought a probably bred mare, she's had 7 foals and never had any trouble catching so I'm treating her like she is. Her name is Mini Gaits Rachel Alexandra, she's 14 I believe this year, and is a granddaughter of Buckeroo. This is her as a weanling...
View attachment 51089
And in December of 2023.
View attachment 51090
Your minis are beautiful! She is adorable in her fur coat!

It's almost a new year, and foaling season is sneaking up on us! Who all is expecting a foal this year? My mare is bred, but I've got a long time to wait. Even longer if she decides to go a full year again.
Late to the party, we are having a surprise baby this year. She was exposed for a 6 week window (4/21-6/2), but vet believes via confirmation ultrasound she took earlier in the window. Just not sure when. She was in heat when she went in, according to former owner so I'm guessing end of April which *should* put us early March but I'm preparing for anywhere between now and June. 🤣😭
First time foaling out a horse(we have pigs, sheep, goats and cattle) so I'm worried but excited and trying to learn everything I possibly can!

Can anyone tell me more about Mare Stare?

Attachments

• PXL_20240124_174954268.jpg
    PXL_20240124_174954268.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
I have 5 for sure.possibly 6.Been trying for a week and a half to get last mares urine test done!!! So excited.All bred to a leopard appy stud.Come.on spotted babies 😍 4 spring babies and 2 fall.

Back