Anyone attending?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI- sorry I haven't looked back before now- wow you guys get to typing quick on here!

Taping the seminar- well we are thinking about it, but we are not veterinarians and have to be very clear about that. What we are sharing is "our experience" and the things we do or do not do from our own practice here on the farm. Much of which has been learned by us from vets - the good thing and bad things. I am not sure if what we say or do would get taken out of context if we were to sell or share the DVD- plus what questions others ask etc may not be appropriate to share outside of here that day. My ideal plan is for this seminar concept to grow and become an annual event here on the farm where we can expand this and get more information and other professionals involved. However since this first year is a trial and free to everyone, we weren't sure how many people would come. So we didn't want to over plan for the day event.

Right now we have over 2 dozen RSVPs and more now that I have read this. We have several people who have said they are "bringing friends"- so if you are one of those people and can give me exact numbers that would be so helpful. We plan to have lunch catered and I want to be sure to have enough food. Plus packets of information for everyone to take home.

Below is the hotel and directions information. If anyone has any other questions, please let me know. I will need to cut off the RSVPs about the week before in order to be sure I have a packet and food and arrangements for each person coming. So please be sure to let us know if you can come. It is open to everyone! We are looking forward to meeting many of you- although e-mails and phone calls are wonderful- getting a chance to chat in person is the best ( heres to you Marlene
default_smile.png
)!

Thanks everyone- Robin -LKF

Hotels & Lodging

IMPORTANT.... The farm is centrally located between Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Louisville airports. We are 15 miles east off of Highway 65 on State Rd. 256. Go 1.5 miles on 256 east of Kent, Indiana, turn right onto Zoar Church Rd. The farm is at the dead end. For more detailed directions please contact us at [email protected].

Hampton Inn of Scottsburg

812-754-1003

Best Western of Madison

812-273-5151

Days Inn of Scottsburg

812-752-2212

Holiday Inn Express of Scottsburg

812-752-0000

Dollar Inn of Scottsburg

812-752-2122

Marianne's of Scottsburg

800-648-0662

Clifty Inn of Madison

812-265-4135

Best Western of Madison

812-273-5151

Country Hearth of Madison

812-273-0757

Hillside Inn of Madison

812-265-3221

Holiday Inn Express of Madison

812-265-1111

Super 8 of Madison

812-273-4443

Englewood Motel in Madison

812-273-1526

Bed & Breakfasts

Carousel Inn Bed & Breakfast in Austin

812-794-2990

The Lantham House in Madison

812-273-3198

Broadway Historic Hotel in Madison

812-265-2346

The Schussler House in Madison

812-273-2068

Whitehall Bed & Breakfast

812-273-3024

For more information please contact:

Little King Farm

Ph:812-866-4006

I know it is hard to plan with show season but would love if you had a seminar during the summer so those with older kids can enjoy. I know Raven would love to go well heck forget a seminar she would just be honored to walk around on a farm tour- and I am sure you could put her to work a bit to
default_wink.png

I would LOVE to come but can't swing it at this time!! I would definitely buy a dvd and/or watch a webcast though for sure!!

Just in the last few days we have had several more RSVPs! I am getting pretty excited about this event. I hope the weather is good for us. It will be inside the barn, but it would just be wonderful if it is 70 degrees and sunny! I am probably wishful thinking here but staying positive is worth the try!

For those of you who can't come this time- we are doing a few other Open House Days and Seminars this summer- Free to Everyone:

May 30th- Buckeroos Birthday Party with Seminars on Training, Showing, Marketing and the Open House. We will have several top trainers in here to answer questions and give their experience for what works in their barns. Plus some tips on how to promote your farm, event planning and where to best spend your advertising dollars.

July 25th- Youth Camp and Amateur Clinc and Open House. The Mid America Club is also going in on this event as they usually have one every year. We are combining it this year. We also are hoping to get some involvement from the AMHA (Natalie Roberts are you reading
default_saludando.gif
) and AMHR youth groups. We hope to have enough "experienced" horses here to be able to give some hands on training for the Youth and Amateur. We will have awards for the youth that complete the camp.

One more thing- I forgot to mention for the April 4th Breeding and Foaling Seminar- we will be giving away a free breeding to Little Kings Little Buckeroo (Jr) and Little Kings Psyched Up Buck. You must be here in order to win.
default_aktion033.gif

So- make plans to attend one of these other events. Just send us an RSVP and we will put you on the list!

Thanks!

Robin-LKF

[email protected]

www.littlekingfarm.com

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif

Hi Everyone- trying to get an accurate number of people planning on attending the Free Breeding and Foaling seminar at Little King Farm April 4th. If you have not RSVP's please do so or post it here so I can get you listed.
Don’t Miss Out…..Make your reservation now for the April 4th Seminar at Little King Farm- free and open to everyone!

Learn the important do’s and don’ts of breeding and foaling from one of the most experienced miniature horse breeders in the World- Marianne Eberth. She was recently honored with the lifetime achievement award from AMHA for her dedication and success in the miniature industry. After 30+ years experience in this breed including delivering over 120 foals each year- she has experience and knowledge that you can't buy or read in any book. The day is jammed pack full of topics and demonstrations listed below are just a few of the topics and things we will cover:

Discussion Topics:

Breeding

Monitoring heat cycles

Ways to Breed

Conception and mare care

Problem mares

Foaling preparations

Delivery process

Neonatal care

Dystocias

Demonstrations:

Teasing

Palpation

Live Cover

Sheath Cleaning

Collection and Artificial Insemination

Colustrum Evaluation

Placenta Inspection

Foaling Presentation

Ultrasounding

Sign in is at 8:30 am Saturday morning and the seminar will start at 9:00. Lunch is provided and the schedule goes thru 5:00 pm with dinner available after. Farm tours, stallion preview and farm open house will continue on Sunday April 5th.

We promise you will leave here with a mind full of information, hands on experience to draw from in the future, your arms full of reference materials and tools to continue your learning and a memory of a fun and exciting time to say the least! And all you have to do is come. Bring your barn clothes, notepad and pen and hang out at Little King Farm – who knows maybe a mare will foal while you’re here!

E-mail or call to reserve your seat.

Little King Farm

www.LittleKingFarm.com

[email protected]

Phone: 812-866-4006

Just in the last few days we have had several more RSVPs! I am getting pretty excited about this event. I hope the weather is good for us. It will be inside the barn, but it would just be wonderful if it is 70 degrees and sunny! I am probably wishful thinking here but staying positive is worth the try!
For those of you who can't come this time- we are doing a few other Open House Days and Seminars this summer- Free to Everyone:

May 30th- Buckeroos Birthday Party with Seminars on Training, Showing, Marketing and the Open House. We will have several top trainers in here to answer questions and give their experience for what works in their barns. Plus some tips on how to promote your farm, event planning and where to best spend your advertising dollars.

July 25th- Youth Camp and Amateur Clinc and Open House. The Mid America Club is also going in on this event as they usually have one every year. We are combining it this year. We also are hoping to get some involvement from the AMHA (Natalie Roberts are you reading
default_saludando.gif
) and AMHR youth groups. We hope to have enough "experienced" horses here to be able to give some hands on training for the Youth and Amateur. We will have awards for the youth that complete the camp.

One more thing- I forgot to mention for the April 4th Breeding and Foaling Seminar- we will be giving away a free breeding to Little Kings Little Buckeroo (Jr) and Little Kings Psyched Up Buck. You must be here in order to win.
default_aktion033.gif

So- make plans to attend one of these other events. Just send us an RSVP and we will put you on the list!

Thanks!

Robin-LKF

[email protected]

www.littlekingfarm.com
default_saludando.gif
I, Francine Long and 2 others will be there but I think I sent an RSVP. We are excited about coming.

default_aktion033.gif

Thanks!

Robin-LKF

[email protected]

www.littlekingfarm.com
Robin,

How AWESOME!!! What an amazing "door prize"
default_new_shocked.gif
you guys are offering! I know I'm THRILLED with having a breeding to Jr and if we end up with another one...well, I won't argue!
default_laugh.png

default_aktion033.gif

Thanks!

Robin-LKF

[email protected]

www.littlekingfarm.com
Robin,

How AWESOME!!! What an amazing "door prize"
default_new_shocked.gif
you guys are offering! I know I'm THRILLED with having a breeding to Jr and if we end up with another one...well, I won't argue!
default_laugh.png

Hi Everyone- trying to get an accurate number of people planning on attending the Free Breeding and Foaling seminar at Little King Farm April 4th. If you have not RSVP's please do so or post it here so I can get you listed.
Don’t Miss Out…..Make your reservation now for the April 4th Seminar at Little King Farm- free and open to everyone!

Learn the important do’s and don’ts of breeding and foaling from one of the most experienced miniature horse breeders in the World- Marianne Eberth. She was recently honored with the lifetime achievement award from AMHA for her dedication and success in the miniature industry. After 30+ years experience in this breed including delivering over 120 foals each year- she has experience and knowledge that you can't buy or read in any book. The day is jammed pack full of topics and demonstrations listed below are just a few of the topics and things we will cover:

Discussion Topics:

Breeding

Monitoring heat cycles

Ways to Breed

Conception and mare care

Problem mares

Foaling preparations

Delivery process

Neonatal care

Dystocias

Demonstrations:

Teasing

Palpation

Live Cover

Sheath Cleaning

Collection and Artificial Insemination

Colustrum Evaluation

Placenta Inspection

Foaling Presentation

Ultrasounding

Sign in is at 8:30 am Saturday morning and the seminar will start at 9:00. Lunch is provided and the schedule goes thru 5:00 pm with dinner available after. Farm tours, stallion preview and farm open house will continue on Sunday April 5th.

We promise you will leave here with a mind full of information, hands on experience to draw from in the future, your arms full of reference materials and tools to continue your learning and a memory of a fun and exciting time to say the least! And all you have to do is come. Bring your barn clothes, notepad and pen and hang out at Little King Farm – who knows maybe a mare will foal while you’re here!

E-mail or call to reserve your seat.

Little King Farm

www.LittleKingFarm.com

[email protected]

Phone: 812-866-4006
i sent an email earlier on the time so disregard that - do we need to rsvp for the free breeding also or did u take that from the original rsvp Thanks for all that you do, I am really excited to be there and learn. - Francine

Latest posts

Back