Anyone attending?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Hi Everyone- trying to get an accurate number of people planning on attending the Free Breeding and Foaling seminar at Little King Farm April 4th. If you have not RSVP's please do so or post it here so I can get you listed.

Don’t Miss Out…..Make your reservation now for the April 4th Seminar at Little King Farm- free and open to everyone!

Learn the important do’s and don’ts of breeding and foaling from one of the most experienced miniature horse breeders in the World- Marianne Eberth. She was recently honored with the lifetime achievement award from AMHA for her dedication and success in the miniature industry. After 30+ years experience in this breed including delivering over 120 foals each year- she has experience and knowledge that you can't buy or read in any book. The day is jammed pack full of topics and demonstrations listed below are just a few of the topics and things we will cover:

Discussion Topics:

Breeding

Monitoring heat cycles

Ways to Breed

Conception and mare care

Problem mares

Foaling preparations

Delivery process

Neonatal care

Dystocias

Demonstrations:

Teasing

Palpation

Live Cover

Sheath Cleaning

Collection and Artificial Insemination

Colustrum Evaluation

Placenta Inspection

Foaling Presentation

Ultrasounding

Sign in is at 8:30 am Saturday morning and the seminar will start at 9:00. Lunch is provided and the schedule goes thru 5:00 pm with dinner available after. Farm tours, stallion preview and farm open house will continue on Sunday April 5th.

We promise you will leave here with a mind full of information, hands on experience to draw from in the future, your arms full of reference materials and tools to continue your learning and a memory of a fun and exciting time to say the least! And all you have to do is come. Bring your barn clothes, notepad and pen and hang out at Little King Farm – who knows maybe a mare will foal while you’re here!

E-mail or call to reserve your seat.

Little King Farm

www.LittleKingFarm.com

[email protected]

Phone: 812-866-4006

Wish I was not so far away.
default_no.gif

Would kill to go to it,, but am in Washington. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with people. It is so important.

It sounds like fun, but Equine Affaire is that weekend and we are committed to the AMHA breed demo, and tickets for the Fantasia.

Would have liked to have come, tell your mom I have some crow to eat as I now have a Buckaroo bred horse, a son of Junior.
default_blush.png
default_giveup.gif

It sounds like fun, but Equine Affaire is that weekend and we are committed to the AMHA breed demo, and tickets for the Fantasia. Would have liked to have come, tell your mom I have some crow to eat as I now have a Buckaroo bred horse, a son of Junior.
default_blush.png
default_giveup.gif
Ha ha- no really I don't mean that bad. I am smiling that you said it. I will let Mom know. I hope he does well for you- he better or he will make me look bad! Thanks for letting us know! Robin-LKF

I failed to put that we are in Madison Indiana. We are 50 minutes north of Lousiville KY, 1.5 ohurs south of Indianapolis IN and 1.5 hours west of Cincinnati Ohio. I am amazed with the distances people are traveling for this seminar. We already have RSVPs from Canada, Maryland, Missouri, Wisconsin etc! So- not sure where too far is, but we welcome everyone who wants to come. Thanks! Robin-LKF

Thanks for the info Robin. I will be dragging my husband and daughter with me. Sounds like a good time...We really enjoyed coming for Oktoberfest and also our colt (who is now a gelding ) that we got there.
default_wub.png

Sounds good. I have all 3 of you down
default_smile.png

I could probably post the outline for the day on here, but I am afraid it may scare a few people off- as we are trying to cover so much in one day! I am hopng we can get thru everything, but at the same time have time to answer everyone's questions. We have had lots of e-mails with people asking us to cover certain things so that is what we are going off of- plus all the key points we feel people should know that we have learned through our experiences dealing with minis.

We are going to do some really neat interactive demonstrations where each person will get to go thru and be involved- not just sit and listen. We are hoping people get more out of this than just the usual speaking seminars. It is easy enough to read or listen to the info, but until you actually do it- some peopple can't grasp the big picture. We have several additional items we hope people will take home with them aside from a brain full of info. We are going to put together foaling kits- the must haves, folders full of resources and information to go back to. I am even going to try to video it for people to see later-just not sure if I can do that legally- I might have to get everyone's signatures that are involved in order to share it with others outside the seminar??? I am looking into that.

Anyway- if anyone else has any suggestions- please let me know.

Thanks and we are looking forward to seeing everyone!

Robin-LKF

Hi Robin,

Sorry about the confusion! :DOH! But yes, I'll be there with Barbara and her daughter! Looking forward to it.

It would be awesome if this was going to be recorded. What a resource to have. I would buy it on DVD!!!

Wish I could be there.

Hey Robin, have you considered webcasting your clinics?

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds so great! Unfortunately, I am in CA so can't make it but I would be VERY interested in buying a DVD of it if you end up making one
default_smile.png

I would LOVE to be there but may have a mare due then. If she goes early then I will be there.

I would love to attend and usually have husband and mother in tow, room for us?

I would love to go. I had not heard it was going on.

I am still trying to work on the logistics as my daughter has school stuff going on.

Anyone else from Texas going?

You've already got us down but letting my new forum friends know we'll be there - anxious to meet some of you in person!

Robin - are there any others that are also coming from Maryland (I know Deb H is coming but any others beside us)?

We're foaling heavily in April - so leaving my son and daughter-in-law home (she's my partner). She's fussing she can't go of course. LOL Hope my girls hold off delivering that weekend so I can pay full attention to your vast array of info! LOL

Can't wait! Hubby and I are hitting the road early Friday morning and driving out. Perhaps a good update for us folks attending out-of-state would be to include a few nearby hotels? We'd want to book early before sell-outs.

Awesome thing you're doing - and we do so appreciate it
default_aktion033.gif
Thank you everyone at LKF.

Latest posts

Back