Any donkey savvy people out there????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the head on pic baby is riding off to one side but in the broadside shot she almost looks V'd. Meaning baby is positioning self for delivery. Doesn't mean she'll deliver today. I had a mare get V'd severel times a week before she popped.
I see what you're saying and I definitely think you're right! She's giving us a run ugh lol she's been bagging up for over 6 weeks! They steadily have been getting bigger with each day now but a couple days ago I checked her in the evening and she was almost completely deflated! I'd never seen her do this since the beginning, next morning huge again. So frustrating trying to keep track so we don't miss it. I really want to see it come into the world so I literally do not sleep, well close anyway

I cannot wait to see this baby! I'm sure she is fine, judging by her udder, she looks close, but not ready just yet, even for a maiden. The time to worry is after her water breaks and no foal arrives, not before. Hang in there. I know the waiting is anxiety inducing but it will be worth it.

Amysue thank you for responding under the circumstances
default_sad.png
I'm very sensitive when it comes to our fur kids and I'm heartbroken for you. Xxxx

She looks simply fabulous, and moving ahead -- even if not fast enough for all of us. Remember, when we tell people that WE KNOW the baby will come eventually....it has no choice?

I'd be up watching with you too. I can't wait to see these "little" long ears arrive!!

~~Diane

So I walk outside just now to this Lol! Looks like baby completely popped out of position like minutes ago haha! I was just out here and she had the skinny girl look going the last few weeks, Unbelievable! ugh

image.jpeg

Sorry here I am again, just wanted you to see we are going through another episode of what would look like labor, rolling, moaning and this very swollen rear, in about 30-1 hour she'll get over it as usual, not weird, sounds normal?!

image.jpeg

She rolled all night putting that baby back in position and her udder now has really no mid crease they're completely engorged

image.jpeg

We're skinny again and my obsessively and I mean very obsessive burro who only poops in one comer and makes a pile because it falls literally on top of each other has made a cow pie mess all over her pen! If that were a sign for her how long before foaling do they usually clean the system?

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is good right?! Baby is sitting where it should be now before delivery? I'm out here cleaning maybe I should go in the house?

She's hiding in a corner now and shaking her head a lot, looks miserable, ears back and kicking her belly, maybe this time it won't be a false one!

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks to have rolled baby into position again
default_smile.png

The cow pie is a great sign she is moving forward, she is hopefully cleaning out her system in preparation for the "loooooonnnnggggg awaited arrival"

best of luck Suebe , we are all very excited for you
default_thumbup.gif

She looked so ready in the pictures from yesterday, but I'm assuming because there are no baby pictures, that we're still waiting? Don't you just love these girls -- I think they plan on driving us crazy just for fun!

Praying for a safe delivery of a healthy little one with long ears very soon!!

Nothing like a procrastinator!

I'm hoping soon because I really want to see the cutie.

She really is torturimg us lol that baby didn't stay in that position long, toward the afternoon it was completely laying on one side. She would paw the ground repeatedly like she was going to roll but never did until probably middle of the night last night because she woke up skinny again! Her udders are expanding quick now, I can see a difference in size just hours later, not sure they have anymore room to grow?! She was also so clingy we felt bad walking away from her today, she couldn't stand close enough, then an hour later she has her ears back and she's giving the cold shoulder, moody mama!!! Can't say I blame her!

Can't wait for this little one. Poor little momma sound so uncomfortable and so close. We're all here watching and waiting -- as impatiently as she must feel.

Your updates are fabulous! They really "paint" the picture for us. I know you must be tired, but you're going to forget all about it once that little one arrives!!

Latest posts

Back