Angel, maiden mare's highly anticipated pregnancy!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one thing I absolutely hate about the internet is how there is no voice to the words, so it can sound bad or good, the reverse what a person was feeling. That's one thing I like about the little face icons; it at least shows some emotion!

I'm grateful for this board. One thing that I never thought of was my own fence. Had nothing been said, I would have never though of it. When Renee said, "Mini babies are a nightmare," my fence flashed in my eyes. I have barbless on 3 sides of Sadie's pen...
default_thumbdown.gif
I have GOT to fix that, and I see that now! Thank you, Renee, for saying something so that I would realize it... even though it had nothing to do with me!
default_cheekkiss.gif
I gotta get a fence replaced asap, and I wouldn't have had warning... I could've had a mini baby on one side with momma on the other! Sadie's my first mini, and she's 38". I never even thought about holding in a baby!
default_oops.gif

Yes, these little ones can be quite sneaky, and they just bolt right through fences like they aren't there sometimes. Then they realize momma hasn't followed and watch out!

Fences -- even stalls -- for babies have to be made so baby can't roll under them or sneak through them. Many a baby has been hurt by rolling under a "partial" wall in a stall and under the feet of another horse -- not it's mother. I had one here once that pushed through where the automatic waterer was, and wound up running behind the stall walls down the whole side of the barn where all the waterer connected. Don't know how long she was there, but her momma was making quite a ruckus when I went to feed that morning.

So, it never hurts to err on the side of caution.

So, Renee, I'm glad you thought to bring it up!! Good job! Funny how with our chatting we cover subjects someone always needs. That's one thing I love about our chatting and sharing on this forum!

Last edited:
It was fairly warm today and part of the pen wasn't to terribly muddy so Angel and baby got to play for a few hours and loved it. I can't believe baby is less than a week old and she's running and jumping and bucking all at hyper speed
default_smile.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What a little doll!!!! She is so cute and I just love seeing the antics!! Isn't it amazing -- from birth to walking in less than an hour, and then jumping, bucking and whizzing around! Awesome! Angel looks good too!!!

Thanks for the new pictures! We love pictures!

Thanks Diane,

Yes it just amazes me how quickly she is growing up! Here are a few more pictures. Do you think her eyes are going to stay blue? Her coat color is changing already, but so far her beautiful blue eyes have stayed
default_smile.png

Thank you, we sure think so
default_smile.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What a cutie patootie you have! Congratulations on a healthy little girl! What a luscious chocolately buckskin too! Don't you just HATE this crummy weather? It's snowing here in Colorado and 20 degrees out. At least the babies have had several days to play outside but right now it's too cold. Come ON warm, dry weather!!!

Thank you BlazingStarRanch! Yeah we have had our fair share of bad weather too, it really makes it difficult to keep baby warm and dry.

Oh what a gorgeous little girl - yes it just goes to show how quickly these little ones find their 'get up and go'!! Plus why it is so important that they can get outside to race around and let off steam (as well as gain strength) as soon as possible. I hope the weather improves for all of you who are having difficulties at the moment.
default_yes.gif

Thanks for the pictures, they are great, please keep them coming!

Thank you Anna. Yep she loves her outdoor time she gets all excited when she sees us haltering mama and pretty much jumps into our arms so we can carry her out of the trailer- she is just so cute. Today was the best day we've had for awhile so she got to stay out the longest yet- about 4 hours and she loved it, but was quite happy to bed down in her stall at the end
default_smile.png

aahhhh she just gets more adorable by the day
default_smile.png
she is such a unique colour and those pink eyes are so pretty
default_yes.gif
I am so happy that you had a nice day finely, doesn't it pick up your spirits
default_smile.png
I always feel so more energized when the weather is nice.

Thanks for sharing her playtime with us
default_thumbup.gif
The big horses still look amazed to see such a little thing
default_new_rofl.gif

Thank you Renee, we fall more in love with her every day. I just love her coloring and am hoping she keeps the blue eyes
default_smile.png
. It was so good to get her out today for an extended time with mama. It's still muddy but there are dry spots so had to way the mud against keeping her locked up most of the time and figured she had to get some major exercise. The big horses watch her and (I image) coo over her as much as we do
default_smile.png

With the blue eyes, there are two colors of "baby" blue -- the darker blue eyes usually change to brown, but if she has the light blue eyes, they may well stay blue. I had one grullo colt here that had the blue eyes that I thought would stay blue -- but at 6 months the little stinker changed to brown eyes almost overnight. POOH! But if they are that stunning light blue color -- the could stay the blue.

LOVE those pictures -- she is sooooo pretty!!!

Thank you Diane. Darn colt changing on you at the last minute
default_smile.png
. They are definitely lighter and brighter blue- close to the color of my Precious who has blue eyes (at 3 so should stay blue
default_smile.png
). I'm hoping for blue but either way she is a keeper
default_smile.png

Ohhhh, your filly is just the cutest!! Loved seeing the pictures of her playing outside! Glad you had a nice day there too!

Oh what a lovely picture! You really have done an amazing job with Angel and her little one under very difficult circumstances - well done to you all!
default_yes.gif

Keep those pictures coming, she really is a complete delight!

Ah she ios such a lovebug
default_smile.png
I agree with Anna, you are an amazing mummy ( or is that granny) lol
default_thumbup.gif

LOVE the new picture!! Keep them coming!! You are doing a great job -- and this little one shows how much she is loved!

Back