Angel, maiden mare's highly anticipated pregnancy!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paula, those pictures of you and Wildfire are just precious!! I wish I could snuggle with mine like that. The two older fillies are coming around nicely and like scratches now. But the 2-week-old filly still thinks I'm a 'big green monster.' LOL

Enjoy your trip. My husband always watches the shows about Alaska on TV. He would love to visit there some day.

Pam- thank you we are having lots of fun and the dogs are getting nice and ticketed out playing on the beach
default_smile.png
. Alaska is such a beautiful place to live but it can sure be a harsh place to live both my husband and I were raised here so we don't know any better
default_smile.png

I just love snuggling her! I know I shouldn't let her do some of the things I allow her to do but I just can't help it! She is so stinking cute- if I sit down or kneel down she literally just throws herself in my lap and has all the faith in the world that I will catch her and I always do
default_smile.png
. My husband however works on the North Slope so is gone two weeks of every month so he wasn't aware of her new trick and the first day he got home he crouched down she loved on him and then let herself fall into his lap but he was so surprised he didn't catch her and the look on her face was priceless she just couldn't believe that he let her fall, she just lay on the ground looking up at him with the most shocked expression
default_smile.png
. Of course she was completely unhurt just her ego bruised a little lol.

I'm sure now that yours love their scratches you will have them all over you mine all will do about anything for us to itch their bum or tummy
default_smile.png

The pictures are just great Paula - and yes we always have foals that love to 'lap sit' as babies, most do grow out of it, but like Cassie, there is always one that doesn't, in fact at the moment we have one 2 year old and one 3 year old who still do it - especially if we are foot trimming, AND one 5 year old who would still do it if given the chance!! LOL!!

Have a great trip - would love to see some pics on your return.
default_yes.gif

Cassie and Anna- thanks
default_smile.png
. If she doesn't grow out of it then she will become more respectful about it when she gets a little older. My three year old Precious still likes to snuggle sometimes but she always asks for an invitation first
default_smile.png

It's sure beautiful down here on the beach even though its overcast- ill post some pics later
default_smile.png

Cassie- you're colt is just adorable!

Here's one of Precious still being a lap horse
default_smile.png

And a couple from today of the pups on the beach and our campfire

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had a 90# dog that I got as a puppy, and my very large son trained her to climb up in his lap in our easy chair. They love to be loved. What a fun time you're all having at the beach! Gotta love pug grins!

Haha that's what I say- all the dogs are having a blast but Aubrey Rose (the pug) is the poster child for a fun day because she just gets this grin that you can't help but smile back too :)

Wildfire's first bath
default_smile.png
. Just with the hose, no shampoo. She did awesome! Angel on the other hand got the full treatment and she was so good that I'm sure that helped Wildfire see there was nothing scary about the process
default_smile.png
. Then they got to dry out in the back yard and eat some grass.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh well done
default_thumbup.gif
, it's a great idea to get them used to things whilst they are close to a calm mummy
default_firstprize.gif
They look great.

Is Dixie Belle jealous of the bath or the fact that they are out on the grass
default_smile.png

/monthly_06_2013/post-45138-0-18404800-1370456243_thumb.jpg

Nova (Dixie Belle- Precious' mama is named Dixie so we decided to call Our Dixie Nova because she's SuperNova lol) is jealous that they are on the grass. Little does she know that one of our plans for the day is to set up some of the panels in the back for some temporary mini grazing
default_smile.png
. She will get a bath and a shave as soon as my new clippers get here- I can't wait!

Great pics of happy clean minis - well maybe Napoleon doesn't look too happy, bless him!

Wildfire has been overheating along with the others so she got shaved today too. She was amazing! Didn't even flinch in fact she got tired of standing and flopped into my lap so my friend had to finish her lol . All the horses got shaved today and bathed- love my new clippers! Pictures are Wildfire (baby), Angel (palomino), Precious (white Tobiano), Nova (black Tobiano), and Napoleon (sorrel). Poor Napoleon was the last one and I was exhausted so ill clean him up more tomorrow and take better pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wildfire is so silly, she just decided she didn't want to stand anymore she didn't fuss or anything she just plopped down lol
default_smile.png

Renee- I am sooo sore this morning I can't believe it, it was well worth it though. I don't know if it is our short summer here or the fact that it goes from cold to pretty hot so quickly but I always end up having to shave them as they start overheating.

I love the checkered pattern!

My baby loved to be on my lap, but I had to put an end to it when she started to try sitting on my kids (It was only funny to them the 1st time, and my 3 yo hated it)! I loove holding her in my arms and she loves getting the love! She's now a month old and craves getting her "itches".

My mom has a mini that she has a hard time keeping him a decent weight. She can't tell him no either. At least with Napoleon, you have him off grass. On one hand, I'm fortunate as my mini mare never gets too fat. On the other hand, she eats as much as my Arab mare! She just can't stop eating! She's always been that way... And that's with a grass pasture that's 100'x100'!

Back