An Open Letter To President Obama

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But....but....he can swat a fly out of the air with his bare hand.
I couldn't believe they showed that on national news
........................ Heard the saying "I'd like to be a fly on the wall"? Well THAT was the fly on the wall & Obama was demonstrating how he deals with things that bother him!

Last edited by a moderator:
He and his belief's scared me before he was even elected. Now
default_no.gif

OH by the way don't anyone tell me I don't support the troops. I have grand children in the military and I would encourage ANY young person to serve our country. You know the funny thing about the troops being supported? The troops are just as scared of him and a HUGE number of them say they won't re-enlist because of him!

Well I was shaking my head when I read this letter
default_no.gif
but it's not surprising really, with the mud slinging that went on during the election. Did you really think that those that were so "scared" before the election would change their tactics. They will try to discret this man no matter what, just more of the same old same old.
default_wacko.png
IMHO this letter is borderline racism and fanatical garbage. "The sky is falling, the sky is falling..." Too late for that, it fell during the last President's term and this President inherited a mess to clean-up, big time. Not just in the financial realm but in the international political scene. It must have been very scary to some when he got a standing ovation during his speech in Cairo recently.
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
. "Be wary wary scared" as Elmer Fudd says on the cartoons.

But....but....he can swat a fly out of the air with his bare hand.
default_wink.png

I couldn't believe they showed that on national news.
default_rolleyes.gif
I meant to say, of course that was all over the mainstream news. FINALLY, concrete documentation that he's good at something useful
indifferent0014.gif

As I have heard many others say, once you pay attention, you see that Obama is proving to actually BE as inept as the media would have you THINK Bush was
default_no.gif

Heard the saying "I'd like to be a fly on the wall"? Well THAT was the fly on the wall & Obama was demonstrating how he deals with things that bother him!
Isn't that the truth? He is clearly a man with a thin skin and a personally vindictive nature (and no, I am not speaking of the fly's perspective). For example, declining a dinner invitation from Nicolas Sarkozy, President of the French Republic, after he remarked that Obama was inexperienced...

Interesting too that the few pro-Obama posts here, to my eyes, just sum up to "nah-uh".

Told-You-So.jpg

Ya know what I WILL tell everyone that they dont support the troops. IF, they are in fact one of the people who stated during Bushs administration that those of us who didnt support Bush, that WE didnt support the troops. So ya, if you said that then, and now you dont support Obama then YES, YOU DO NOT SUPPORT THE TROOPS. I am so bloody tired of 'do as I say, not as I do' politics.

I gotta say Pepi you're WAYYYYY out of line with comments about who does and doesn't support our troops. The fact that some of us may not be enamored of the President has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with it.

If you saw last night's news you heard that President Obama's approval rating is falling. "People are rating him on his actions rather than his promises." - quote from last nights NBC news anchor. I couldn't help but think it must have been really hard for NBC to report something like that after they worked so hard to get him elected.

I wasn't going to post this but what the heck....this is turning into another of those "heated discussions" anyway.

April 17, 2009The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington , DC 20500

Mr. Obama:

I have had it with you and your administration, sir. Your conduct on

your recent trip overseas has convinced me that you are not an

adequate representative of the United States of America collectively

or of me personally.

You are so obsessed with appeasing the Europeans and the Muslim

world that you have abdicated the responsibilities of the President of the

United States of America . You are responsible to the citizens of the

United States .. You are not responsible to the peoples of any other

country on earth.

I personally resent that you go around the world apologizing for the

United States telling Europeans that we are arrogant and do not

care about their status in the world.

Sir, what do you think the First World War and the Second World War

were all about if not the consideration of the peoples of Europe ?

Are you brain dead? What do you think the Marshall Plan was all about?

Do you not understand or know the history of the 20th century?

Where do you get off telling a Muslim country that the United

States does not consider itself a Christian country? Have you not read the

Declaration of Independence or the Constitution of the United States?

This country was founded on Judeo-Christian ethics and the principles

governing this country, at least until you came along, come directly from this heritage.

Do you not understand this?

Your bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia is an affront to all Americans.

Our President does not bow down to anyone, let alone the king of Saudi Arabia .

You don't show Great Britain, our best and oldest allie , the respect she deserves,

yet you bow down to the king of Saudi Arabia .. How dare you, sir! How dare you!

You can't find the time to visit the graves of our greatest generation because

you don't want to offend the Germans but make time to visit a mosque in Turkey .

You offended our dead and every veteran when you give the Germans more

respect than the people who saved the German people from themselves.

What's the matter with you?

I am convinced that you and the members of your administration have the historical

and intellectual depth of a mud puddle and should be ashamed of yourselves, all of you.

You are so self-righteously offended by the big bankers and the American

automobile manufacturers yet do nothing about the real thieves in this situation,

Mr. Dodd, Mr. Frank, Franklin Raines, Jamie Gorelic, the Fannie Mae bonuses,

and the Freddie Mac bonuses. What do you intend to do about them? Anything?

I seriously doubt it.

What about the U.S. House members passing out $9.1 million in bonuses to their staff

members - on top of the $2.5 million in automatic pay raises that lawmakers gave themselves?

I understand the average House aide got a 17% bonus.

I took a 5% cut in my pay to save jobs with my employer.. You haven't said anything about that.

Who authorized that? I surely didn't!

Executives at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will be receiving $21020million in bonuses over

an eighteen-month period, that's $45 million more tha n the AIG bonuses. In fact, Fannie and

Freddie executives have already been awarded $51 million - not a bad take.

Who authorized that and why haven't you expressed your outrage at this group who are largely

responsible for the economic mess we have right now.

I resent that you take me and my fellow citizens as brain-dead and not caring about what

you idiots do.

We are watching what you are doing and we are getting increasingly fed up with all of you.

I also want you to know that I personally find just about everything you do and say

to be offensive to every one of my sensibilities.

I promise you that I will work tirelessly to see that you do not get a chance to spend two terms

destroying my beautiful country.

Sincerely,

Every real American

P.S. I rarely ask that emails be 'passed around',

PLEASE SEND THIS TO YOUR EMAIL LIST......

it's past time for all Americans to wake up!

Ms Kathleen Lyday

Fourth Grade Teacher

Grandview Elementary School

11470 Hwy. C

Hillsboro, MO 63050

(636) 944-3291 Phone

(636) 944-3870 Fax

This letter is fake. The real "Ms Kathleen Lyday" denies writing it.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/l/kathleen-lyday.htm

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/ihavehadit.asp

April 17, 2009The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Washington , DC 20500

Mr. Obama:

I have had it with you and your administration, sir. Your conduct on

your recent trip overseas has convinced me that you are not an

adequate representative of the United States of America collectively

or of me personally.

You are so obsessed with appeasing the Europeans and the Muslim

world that you have abdicated the responsibilities of the President of the

United States of America . You are responsible to the citizens of the

United States .. You are not responsible to the peoples of any other

country on earth.

I personally resent that you go around the world apologizing for the

United States telling Europeans that we are arrogant and do not

care about their status in the world.

Sir, what do you think the First World War and the Second World War

were all about if not the consideration of the peoples of Europe ?

Are you brain dead? What do you think the Marshall Plan was all about?

Do you not understand or know the history of the 20th century?

Where do you get off telling a Muslim country that the United

States does not consider itself a Christian country? Have you not read the

Declaration of Independence or the Constitution of the United States?

This country was founded on Judeo-Christian ethics and the principles

governing this country, at least until you came along, come directly from this heritage.

Do you not understand this?

Your bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia is an affront to all Americans.

Our President does not bow down to anyone, let alone the king of Saudi Arabia .

You don't show Great Britain, our best and oldest allie , the respect she deserves,

yet you bow down to the king of Saudi Arabia .. How dare you, sir! How dare you!

You can't find the time to visit the graves of our greatest generation because

you don't want to offend the Germans but make time to visit a mosque in Turkey .

You offended our dead and every veteran when you give the Germans more

respect than the people who saved the German people from themselves.

What's the matter with you?

I am convinced that you and the members of your administration have the historical

and intellectual depth of a mud puddle and should be ashamed of yourselves, all of you.

You are so self-righteously offended by the big bankers and the American

automobile manufacturers yet do nothing about the real thieves in this situation,

Mr. Dodd, Mr. Frank, Franklin Raines, Jamie Gorelic, the Fannie Mae bonuses,

and the Freddie Mac bonuses. What do you intend to do about them? Anything?

I seriously doubt it.

What about the U.S. House members passing out $9.1 million in bonuses to their staff

members - on top of the $2.5 million in automatic pay raises that lawmakers gave themselves?

I understand the average House aide got a 17% bonus.

I took a 5% cut in my pay to save jobs with my employer.. You haven't said anything about that.

Who authorized that? I surely didn't!

Executives at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will be receiving $21020million in bonuses over

an eighteen-month period, that's $45 million more tha n the AIG bonuses. In fact, Fannie and

Freddie executives have already been awarded $51 million - not a bad take.

Who authorized that and why haven't you expressed your outrage at this group who are largely

responsible for the economic mess we have right now.

I resent that you take me and my fellow citizens as brain-dead and not caring about what

you idiots do.

We are watching what you are doing and we are getting increasingly fed up with all of you.

I also want you to know that I personally find just about everything you do and say

to be offensive to every one of my sensibilities.

I promise you that I will work tirelessly to see that you do not get a chance to spend two terms

destroying my beautiful country.

Sincerely,

Every real American

P.S. I rarely ask that emails be 'passed around',

PLEASE SEND THIS TO YOUR EMAIL LIST......

it's past time for all Americans to wake up!

Ms Kathleen Lyday

Fourth Grade Teacher

Grandview Elementary School

11470 Hwy. C

Hillsboro, MO 63050

(636) 944-3291 Phone

(636) 944-3870 Fax

Appylover, if you will read what I wrote and not read into what I wrote, then you will understand what I was saying. Its not difficult to understand. IF you are one of the people that over the last several years has told those that didnt support Bush, that we then didnt support our troops, and you now dont support Obama, then yes I will state, I will scream, I will holler , that you in turn now do not support the troops. If you never stated that if we didnt support Bush we then didnt support the troops, then , that comment isnt for you. I am not stating , for my own purpose, who does and does not support troops. I am stating that its a complete hypocrisy for people to state one thing , for years, then have the shoe on the other foot, and disregard what they stated then and now change things. That is Do as I say, not as I do. Is that clear enough? I dont want anyone to not understand what I wrote, I want to make it perfectly clear.

I do find it funny though that the people that were preaching that sentiment the last few years, havent a comment on why its so much different now. Maybe because supporting the President, or not, actually doesnt have in any way, any bearing on how we feel about our troops?

and now you dont support Obama then YES, YOU DO NOT SUPPORT THE TROOPS.
That's so completely WRONG to the point of being ridiculous. I do not support Obama as anything other than head fly catcher. I do support our troops. It's completely possible for both these feelings to be valid in the same reasonable person.

I guess the "Support the President right or wrong love it or get out" mentality doesn't work when the shoe's on the other foot.

Now Lowrise, you should know better LOL Do as I say, not as I do.

They dont get it, or moreover, they choose not to as it may show that they werent right GASP!!! For years they told us, if you dont support Bush, you dont support the troops. Period. No ifs ands or buts. Shoes on the other foot and now they are having hissies because we are showing, actually proving, that , that statement makes hypocrits of them.

Its easy to call some one or a statement rediculous, when its someone else saying it. Why wasnt it rediculous when YOU were saying it? Love how your explanation is nearly a mirror image of what we were saying a few years back and YOU took complete umbrage to. If you dont remember, do a search.

Pepi, maybe I should be flattered? Though I do not recall saying what you would like to now attribute to me -- for the life of me, I recall nothing of what you might have said years ago
default_biggrin.png

No President or person, is without their own flaws, however I agree with this wholeheartedly and am indeed, scared about the future!! Where are all the jobs he was going to create? How come the sending of jobs overseas has not been stopped or slowed down as he promised?

Last I heard, extortion was a crime, and the government has had their hands in enough of the corporate world, they need to get out of it and not be making decision on who should work where.

I see nothing in that letter that addresses racism at all.... did I miss something there? It has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with ANOTHER person in the Big Seat that does NOT deliver what they said they would, and this particular ones is sticking to his OWN agenda, not what is good for the country... and I dont care if he's short or tall, fat or thin, green, orange or purple. It's about keeping your word and trying to dig out of this MESS that really started back when Carter was in office.... or there abouts!!

I had to ask my son who is away on an Army mission what his army buddies think of Obama and he said they had nothing negative to say at all and weather they re enlist had nothing to do with Obama. Most of them feel he is doing a much better job in Iraq and Afghanistan. I cant wait for him to come home as I miss him so much
default_wub.png

I would like to think everyone who is an American supports our troops no matter what. Many of us forum members have family in the service making sure you can all express your opinions. President Obama is our commander and chief of our Armed forces. Like it or not that is a fact.

It amazes me that people think our President could turn around 8 years of ruin in just 6 months. He said (and everyone said) that it was going to take time to turn this around no matter who became President.

What I despise is self-important people like Lou Pritchard deliberately feeding into people's fears.... and playing to them just to get PR. It sickens me, to be honest. But hey - congrats to him - it works! He knows what some will embrace and plays to it - all while trying to come off as a wise, insightful sage.

I've seen a lot of intersting things like this that point out facts that some still choose to completely ignore.
Ummm... a lot of his points have no facts behind them. None. Not that he cares. It is all about the rhetoric and not the facts. Even I know more about Obama than any President in the past. Anyone with the ability to google can know all there is to know - except Mr. Pritchard who deliberately chooses to play dumb. He knows better - but it gets you far more attention and kudos to hint at endless conspiracies. The minute I read the "no military experience" line I laughed out loud. Even I knew that was simply not true. Me - the supposed know-nothing. Pritchard counts on people buying into the rhetoric and not bothering to check things out. He could care less about that. BTW - Bush's National Guard experiences - or lack of them - hardly qualifies as the hard core military experience that Mr. Pritchard would deem worthy. Only he choses to overlook that. How convenient.

IMO that letter is simply an overblown opinion piece designed to incite and stir up the usual conspiracies - even if they were disproved long ago. Is Obama perfect? Not a chance. Do I agree with everythng he has done so far. Nope. Not at all. I have real issues with a number of policies. But sowing the seeds of fear like this is just as ridiculous as PETA going after Obama for swatting that fly.

Pritchard's letter was designed to do exactly what it did... have some nod and rush to agree without caring about any facts. And play up the fear factor while banging his own drum - loudly. And yet such fear-mongering tactics are embraced by many...

I would rather see a analytical, factual, well written critique that illustrates the writers' concerns and makes suggestions as opposed to this deliberately dramatic prose engineered to inflame and dismiss facts...

Everyone is entitled to criticize ANY President (even though any comments criticizing Bush were met with outrage on this board at times) - but the way in which you do it shows if you are simply out to throw gasoline on the fire and play on people's emotions and fears... or if you have actual concerns that you wish to address and discuss.

In this case, I smell gasoline.

ETA:

It amazes me that people think our President could turn around 8 years of ruin in just 6 months. He said (and everyone said) that it was going to take time to turn this around no matter who became President.
Agreed, kaykay. It took more than eights years to get into some of the mess we are in... and yet Obama is expected to fix everything instantly. Even the conniving politicos like Pritchard know it will take years to undo this mess... but actually saying that is not playing to the fears and uncertainties that you can toy with...

Look what happened to Gerald Walpin- fired Inspector General: we are in for it. The 3 big news channels do not report on this. I am very scared too

" I like how you imply socialism without saying it, Mr. Pritchett. Obama is not a socialist, and I'm sure a lot of those European countries you have in mind don't think of themselves as socialist, either. Interestingly, though, a lot of those same European countries have a higher standard of living than we do."

Obviously you've never read the Communist Manafesto. Zero's "redistrubution of wealth" is exactly that.....SOCIALISM!!!!! No one (well, except maybe HIM) can have more than anyone else. Government getting into bed (taking charge) of our Major Corporations is the end of Free Enterprise. Giving more to the Union members and taking away money from the Bond Holders.......it's ALL SOCIALISM!!!!!!!!!!!! You people need to wake up and get over the fact that Zero can read a teleprompter. What this thing is doing to our Country is ridiculous.

OK...health care....if the other countries health care systems are so great.. WHY DO THEY COME HERE FOR TREATMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I see Logan's Run coming true. You can't live to be over 30 because you put too much of a strain on the Health Care.

And Yes, I support my troops to the fullest but I do not support Zero.

You few that only seem to show up when there is a political discussion really make it hard to come back to these forums.

Zero's "redistrubution of wealth" is exactly that.....SOCIALISM!!!!!
So taxes are socialist?

And if the health care here is so fantastic, why do we have people dying because they can't afford treatment? Why do we have people going to other countries to have operations done?

And if it bugs you that some of us get involved in these discussions, you're always welcome to not read this forum. Or not open the thread.

Why do we have people going to other countries to have operations done?
Like elective cosmetic surgery? Sex changes? That's what Americans go to other countries to receive.

People who need good medical care and can afford to seek it here in the USA DO vs. waiting time on end for their "turn" in their own countries' medical systems.

had to ask my son who is away on an Army mission what his army buddies think of Obama and he said they had nothing negative to say at all and weather they re enlist had nothing to do with Obama. Most of them feel he is doing a much better job in Iraq and Afghanistan. I cant wait for him to come home as I miss him so much
........................ Being a retired military family I know how you feellll I hope your son returns safely home.............. I have heard the opposite of what your son has told you though... Seems some soldiers are apprehensive about what & where Obama could possibly get them into thus are not reenlisting.... In part their fears are based on his lack of experience, his questionable past, acquaintances & beliefs and some of the things that he has done since being in the white house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back