AMHR SHOW tomorrow

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twilightranch

Reaction score
My first show and I will be showing a 2yr old stallion in halter model,age,and ameuter age.

Here is a pic of ty from the show. photobucket.com/albums/o250/brittney32789/Picture.jpg

We did ok he needs to loose a few pound but I had fun and learned alot. Can't wait until the next one.

Thanks for all the advice!!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
the best you can do is just get him to pose well.
default_smile.png
At least around here that is all it is about. I will say though to make sure and remember to let him relax when the judges arent looking at him or he will likely get ring sour, this happened with my show stallion because I didnt know to let him relax and since I was nervous I didnt even really think about it. I happened to look at your website and if it is the black colt you should do fine he is gorgeous but also keep in mind that there are a lot of excellent horses out there! Good luck!

Thank you maple hollow farm.
default_wink.png
I never thought about when the judge is not looking I will do that tomorrow!
default_smile.png
I like him too... he is a little cubby so will see. Thanks again Brittney

The judge is always looking!! <GRIN>

Just try not to get too uptight or nervous as that'll transfer right down the lead shank to your horse. I didn't look at your website, but I wish you good luck and lots of fun!! (I do envy you!)

Twilightrach, when you say you are going to a show tomorrow, are you by chance going to the Pacific Coast Miniature Horse Club March show?

Good luck and the show!!!

Most importantly - have fun.

Oh I used to go too that show. Do have fun. Everyone there is wonderful. You'll have loads of fun. Yes, when the judges aren't looking don't forget to kinda talk to your boy and remind him to relax and YOU don't forget to breath and relax. Good advice for us all and remember it's SUPPOSE to be FUN. If it's in the SAME arena in Norco it's covered and that is SUPER nice and they have a nice concession stand too. OH and you know what ELSE they have that I just love. They have a place set up where after your horse is done or anytime really you can go over and stand your horse in front of it and take a picture of it and it's got the name of the horse club and drapes around it. I LOVED that and MISS it so much. We'd win and RUN right over there and get pics of our horse and just be beaming with pride..... People would stand around and watch you. It was really neat. It's over by the concession stand near the bleachers. Oh how I wish I was there......

I think I'm going to cry. That was my FIRST mini show I went to when I saw my FIRST mini and FIRST mini show. I was so excited I drove 2 hrs to get there all by myself, I'd seen it on TV a couple of weeks before and I found Jennifer Radoi's name on line and she encourged me to go and see them. I kept thinking I can do that, I can do that, I can do that. SO tomorrow remember YOU and YOUR HORSE can do it. Post some pic's so we can see him... Good luck to you, TJ

I just gave you a pic of what it looks like ok, this is my first mini I used to have name Jedi.....

th_MVC-334F.jpg

When you walk in the ring, throw back your shoulders, take a deep breath, and smile!! Once in the line up. consciously relax your shoulders, it will relax the rest of you. Focus on your boy, and remember - you are paying big money for this much fun!! I'm jealous - we can't even THINK about clipping yet!

Keep in mind when the judge is there, set him up as best you can and SHOW YOUR HORSE! If the feet aren't exactly right, let it go unless they're crossed 3 different ways and pretend that he's set up perfectly. I've found that the judges will either come back or sneak a peak while looking at other horses if your horse shifts as soon as they come up.

Have a great time!!

Yeah twilight ranch, I was there. I saw you and recognized your horse and his name from your website. I do not know if you remember but I had a tiny, tiny chestnut filly with a few white spots named SMO She Daisy that I was showing. I dont know how long you stayed but I also did jumping with a loud brown/white pintoloosa.

Here is a picture of me and Daisy.

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff230/d...nt=P3070036.jpg

By the way, you can call me Amanda.

I didn't see you there but maybe next show I was really nervous. Your mare is very pretty. I couldn't stay long I had to leave soon after I was done showing. My name is Brittney.

casilda - we got 2 firsts in youth showmanship, 2 seconds in open obstacle, and 2 firsts in youth obstacle. she did not place in her age division but there was 12 horses and all were really nice, plus I was too nervous to set her up right.

brittney - Thanks, your stallion was really nice too. You may not remember this but when you walked up to the arena, there was a white trailer on the left side of the entrance, that was where I was. Are you going to come to the April Show? I am pretty sure I am going and I will definitely try to find you.

Yes I remember seeing that trailer. Yes I am pretty sure I will be going to that show see you there.

Glad your survived your show
default_smile.png
I do miss being in CA and doing those early Pacific Coast shows!

The most important thing to remember about any show is have a good time it is just a horse show after all and while winning or placing is always nice a couple years down the road it will be the fun you had and friends you made you will remember
default_wink.png

Glad your survived your show
default_smile.png
I do miss being in CA and doing those early Pacific Coast shows!The most important thing to remember about any show is have a good time it is just a horse show after all and while winning or placing is always nice a couple years down the road it will be the fun you had and friends you made you will remember
default_wink.png

I totally agree with you Lisa. After I got over my initial nerves on the first class the rest of the show was better because I remembered just to have fun.

Latest posts

Back