AMHR/ASPC Convention News

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really sorry that Mike and I missed convention this year! We would have loved to go, but I had to get my knee fixed. From the pictures and comments, it looks like those of you who hosted it put on a really classy event!
default_aktion033.gif

Kay I am curious how this is any more expensive for OH people then it is for us NW people who manage to get to NY and FL and MO and AR and wherever else year after year?

It can not always be in one persons backyard and therefore will always be expensive for a large group of people.

I scrimp and save all year so that I can go to Convention - it is important to me

Committees did have voting yes. that is what Convention is for

It was a great time I sat in almost every committee meeting and is always wonderful to spend time with friends

I have to add the food was amazing the banquet food was the best I have had in years at a Convention and the cookies the hotel had OMG.. I think I ate more cookies last weekend then I have in a year

Last edited by a moderator:
The Area 2 show will be held June 15, 16, 17 at Centerville, Michigan.
That's CentREville,Mi for anyone GPS'ing it. I wasn't able to find it the first year I went, and I live pretty close, because I spelled it wrong.

Dr Taylor

Kay I am curious how this is any more expensive for OH people then it is for us NW people who manage to get to NY and FL and MO and AR and wherever else year after year?
People keep asking why attendance was so low this year. I simply pointed out that it was a more expensive convention to attend which maybe why general membership attendance was low.

This is in no way a personal attack on anyone that helped put convention on!! I have the utmost respect for Mark etc.

I was not able to attend this year, but have read nice comments form those that did.convention is a huge undertaking for the host club and they should be applauded for their efforts.In this economy I think we will see a rise in the cost of future conventions simply because almost everything is going up in price.Just a sign of the times.Just take a look at the cost of food and gas as compared to a few years ago.

That's CentREville,Mi for anyone GPS'ing it. I wasn't able to find it the first year I went, and I live pretty close, because I spelled it wrong.

Dr Taylor
LOL Dr Taylor - we did the same thing! There is a "CentERville MI" too, so watch the spelling!

I also have it in person that the ring W I L L be much more suitable than this year!! Quote "If I have to go over there with a garden tractor and a shovel, it will be perfect for halter and driving!"

Anybody know location&date of Area One show?Hoping it is in Harrington,DE-only 10 miles from me amd we usually have a good entry and nice competition in this location Thanks in advance

LOL Dr Taylor - we did the same thing! There is a "CentERville MI" too, so watch the spelling!

I also have it in person that the ring W I L L be much more suitable than this year!! Quote "If I have to go over there with a garden tractor and a shovel, it will be perfect for halter and driving!"
I taught school in Centreville Michigan for 31 years. I have never heard of a Centerville Michigan! :)

I do not have the dates in front of me but the Area 8 show will be in Ogden UT I believe it is the 24th -27th

The show year for all divisions of the American Shetland Pony Club, Inc., (ASPC, AMHR, ASPR, etc), is DECEMBER 1 through the next NOVEMBER 30th. A show year in our association does not begin on January 1 as previously posted. Many of the HoF plaques presented at convention WERE from the 2011 show season. The cut-off for calculating is usually sometime in August to the end of August.

No matter where the convention is held, the registry should encourage homestays/farmstays to reduce the cost and increase attendance...besides, think how fun this would be! Assuming the hosts would be attending, transportation would be no problem, and this would also help people see the host area "like a native."

I am still trying to find out date&location for Area One show in 2012.E mailed AMHR office, but no response after 3 days.Several posts on here-no response yet.Help please somebody.Thanks I like the farm stay idea.That would be so cool.I'd even be willing to muck stalls and help with barn chores.One of my favorite things in the world is being in a barn&mucking stalls.

Didn't anybody write down the date and location of AREA ONE show?Still asking after many days and no response.

Back