AMHA World Show Awards

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ASPC/AMHR rules for amateurs are taken from USEF and abbreviated and "tweeked" a little. example: Judges for ASPC/AMHR are considered professionals and in USEF they are not. Also in ASPC/AMHR the spouses of trainers are considered professionals however in USEF non-professional spouses may show personally owned horses in amateur events (training horses may not be shown). Most of the other rules follow the book fairly closely. In USEF as well as ASPC/AMHR the amount of prize money won by an individual is only an issue if that money is won in showmanship or equitation. Everyone in my family (brother, uncle, dad) has been showing amateur for years at USEF events and they have won thousands in prize money but they are still considered amateurs. They do not handle horses for others, and if they do they accept NOTHING for doing it :nono: . Checks sent to winners of futurities, amateur incentives and stake classes are paid in the owners name but they do not impact amateur status because they were based off the horses performance. This is not individual to the aspc/amhr and is fairly standard for the equine industry. Winning prize money in AMHA and coming to AMHR should not impact anyones amateur status as stated above, the prize money is not the issue.

If any money is awarded in the Amateur's name it could cause a problem for those Amateurs that show both AMHA and AMHR. Since ASPC/AMHR IS a member of the U S Equestrian Federation, our Amateurs can't win over $300 dollars (in the person's name) as it would automatically make them a professional and they would loose all Amateur rights. Our Amateur rules come straight from the US Equestrian Federation rulebook. I know that the awards that the ASPC/AMHR gives to our Amateurs are in their horse's name to avoid any conflicts there.
According to this post the AMHR rules come straight from the Equestrain Federation and thats where I got that rule. Straight out of their rulebook not the AMHA rulebook
default_smile.png

Good Morning All,

I have been waiting on a reply from the Chairman of the USEF Amateur Committee as I emailed her. With the holidays and working folks taking last minute vacations I may not hear from her till after Christmas. I wanted a ruling on this as well. As soon as I get a reply I'll let everyone know.

Thanks.

Karen Shaw

Chairman

ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Triple A Amateur Program

"Remuneration" is PAY.

"Prize Money" is NOT pay, and to the best of my knowledge, that is the definition used in all horse breed rules.

Latest posts

Back