AMHA Board Meeting News

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
With the resignation this week of Felix Covington, President and Mark Wilson, Vice President, Michael Want has been elected President and Bob Kane, Vice President.

As a member, thank you for posting this information.

Thank you Becky. (Thank you Frank and Cammie for going)

I am just curious... any news on the lawsuit or the "threat" of a lawsuit?

Becky, Any news from Cammie!? I thought her presentation looked great. Sheila

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just curious... any news on the lawsuit or the "threat" of a lawsuit?
I didn't hear anything about a lawsuit, so I'm not sure what that is.

Does this mean that Wanda will not be leaving after all, or is her resignation still in place?
Apparantly there were 3 main office personnel that were going to resign. They all attended the board meeting which tells me there is hope they might be persuaded to stay under different circumstances. Hopefully, we will find out in the coming week.

Other items; the Futurity is not going to be changed from its current format.

An office manager is being hired. A background check is being done. This position is to manage the office only, not the association.

Farnum is now a corporate sponsor. They are producing a feed for miniatures.

Your directors will all be home soon. If you don't know who your directors are, you can go to the Amha site www.amha.org and click on the region page. You then can just click on the map over your state and contact information will come up.

Thank you for the information. That is also neat that Farnum is coming out with a feed specifically for minis. I will be interested in hearing more about that product.

mistyrose,

So is that just for this year or is it tabled for awhile on the futurity?? Thanks for the information.

It is not tabled. Terri H has resigned from the committee and will be starting her own yearling sweepstakes. This allows the futurity to be left alone.

At this point, I do not yet know the status of the managers. I am hoping they will reconsider their resignations but I just don't know. Mike and Bob sure have their work cut out for them in the coming weeks.

We also will be extending an offer to a new controller pending a good background check.

Farnam is more than just a sponsor, they will be sponsoring new awards, they will be regional high point titled the Farnam something high point awards to be given out at the national meeting. This will make more awards available as this is by region so there will be a total of 13 regions.

Ok, I dont get it - what is the issue with AMHA now? Tony - do you have any input?

Has anyone heard from your area directors on anything?? Either via email/ notifications, anything?

thanks Jody!!!

I was so hoping they would leave the aote futurity alone.

I myself have not heard from any directors though a friend of mine (thank you, M.) did forward me a copy of Felix's resignation letter.

Still several questions.

Liz M.

If you still have questions, I suggest you contact your directors for more information.

Did Felix and Mark resign as Directors also?, or just as Officers. That may become an important issue if someone decides to start a new Miniature Horse registery
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
: It would take someone with really deep pockets do that!!! I want to thank Mike Want and Bob Kane for stepping in where not many would. They have a tough challenge facing them, but they bring a wealth of AMHA knowledge with them and are tireless workers for the members.

They resigned only as officers but remain on the board.

Other items; the Futurity is not going to be changed from its current format.

An office manager is being hired. A background check is being done. This position is to manage the office only, not the association.

Farnum is now a corporate sponsor. They are producing a feed for miniatures.

Your directors will all be home soon. If you don't know who your directors are, you can go to the Amha site www.amha.org and click on the region page. You then can just click on the map over your state and contact information will come up.
First off, I am not trying to correct "mistyrose" here so much as just trying to make sure nobody gets confused.

The "Performance" portion of the existing futurity has been changed. These changes will take effect with the 2007 nominations (in 2007 there will be three separate funds ie; halter, driving and hunter). The existing class structure will remain in effect until 2010 (the first year that the 2007 performance nominations can be shown as three year olds).

What I believe "mistyrose" was trying to say is that the additional changes to the "halter" portion of the futurity (as proposed by the futurity committee), were dropped and the chairman and other committee members resigned. It was stated that they would like to start another futurity based loosely on the premise of being a "yearling" only futurity. I would expect to see a full proposal at the 2007 National Meeting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back