50 years since JFK murder

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
Wow. It has been 50 years. I am thinking it is a big story on the news this week, but really I don't know because I no longer watch main stream media or even FOX anymore. I watch alternate media sources and from them this week my mind is filled with how people either believe the story that was given to us or either they believe the evidence. Some of you may not have been born when that fateful day in history took place. Some may have been too young to remember. I fall into the category of old of enough to remember but young enough not let my mind be involved back then. I remember being in the 3rd grade standing in the restroom washing my hands when a 4th grader walked in and said "President Kennedy has been shot. I am so glad because I hate him." Again, Wow. Kids that age were already hating, even back then. What are some of your memories and thoughts (without getting too political). I want to share this JFK speech, which thanks to modern technology is available to me as an adult. I can only wonder what JFK would say if he were living in the society of today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpmi7dBet0c

I actually saw JFK. We were living near Pierre, SD, then. My dad loaded us all up in the car and we parked at the airport. When he got off the plane and drove past, he waved to everyone. I remember he smiled, but also looked very serious. We did not have color TV so I was surprised by the color of his hair! I was 10 years old in 1963, but I don't remember exactly where I was when I heard the news of his death.

I remember we were all sobered by the thought of a nuclear attack, and his courageous stand against Cuba then was important. Adults were very tense, then, watching or listening to the news. We used to have fallout drills at school--not sure what good it would have done, though!

I was born in June 1963 so was only 5 months old. So I don't remember anything.

The book by Stephen King 11-22-63 was interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was born and raised in DC, so was fortunate to be able to attend his inaguaral parade as my Mom worked at a restaraunt on 9th and Penn. All of us employee kids went upstairs to watch as it was very cold.

On the day he was shot I was acually home from school and was helping my Mom move, we were only moving a block away and din't have a car, so I was carrying plants from one apt. to another using the alley that went from Congress St. to Savannah St. SE. it ran beside a shopping center. AS I came out from the alley a young man came running at me through the parking lot, crying. He said the President has been shot, you need to turn on the TV. I imediately went back home and turned on the TV, black and white was all we had, but I remember evryone crying and we mourned for weeks. I was 15.

I have ariel views of my farm taken by the same photographer that took the still of John John saluting the casket. I also watched when Ruby shot Oswald. It was also bad when Robert was shot. Seems to me that was the day Americans realized that the world was just as full of evil as good.

I was born in '65, so I wasn't around then. I have watched what happened, through the years, on t.v. though. I can't even imagine what Jackie went through, in that car. And the picture of John saluting. Always breaks my heart, when I see it.

Over the years, I've come to realize that he was probably the greatest President of my lifetime.

What he was attempting to do ultimately led to his death and while the focus has been to figure out who did what to him and by extension our country and the world, these attempts myopically focus on the trigger man/men and not on who gave the order to pull the trigger.

1) I do believe that he sensed the trap that Vietnam was and was in the process of pulling us back from that quagmire.

2) The introduction of a legitimate currency in the form of silver backed certificates was a direct threat to the fed stranglehold on our currency.

3) He refused to allow Israel Nuclear weapons. BenGurion resigns over the matter

4) Born out of personal experience, he was bringing an increasingly rogue CIA under purview and control.

5) He did say, "An insidious evil has seized control of our Government and when I come to Dallas, I will tell you..."

(this was also uttered, in similar form by a dem. McFadden back in the 30's so IS of note)

There were other things, but the curious thing to note is that all of these were reversed by Johnson only six months later.

No other President since has come off the reservation in these ways. I do believe that Jackie knew who ultimately had murdered her husband but never spoke of it beyond the phrase "That dreadful house". What is not as well understood is whether she was referring to Mandell House or the banker "house".. As Ed was working for the banking "house", I'm not sure that it really matters.

Robert too would have known, was in accord with his brother and thus........

The sadness and destruction of that day, moving forward cannot be overstated. It was one of the key turning points for our country.

We lost him and much more. I've tried not to be political but these are the things I've discovered about this man in the years since and are fondly held by me. If we are to judge a man by his enemies, he was among the greatest of all time.

Carriage, thank you for all those interesting views. I was only a child, but I admired him very much, perhaps because I sensed the adults around me admired him. When I graduated from high school, my mother had a quilt top pieced by her mother. We contacted a lady to quilt it for us and all she would take in payment was a commenorative plate of JFK that my mom had. Besides being pieced by my grandmother, the quilt is special to me because of that.

I could not agree more with you Carriage. Your words are both eloquent and truthful. Thank you so much.

Latest posts

Back