All this talk of world show...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little lady

Reaction score
If you could chose just one world show(AMHA, AMHR, or National) which would you attend and why?
default_smile.png

We've chosen to limit our showing to AMHA shows and AMHA World Show! With the economy as it is, it is too expensive for us to continue attending both. Also, since our interest is in 34" and under, in our experience, the AMHA shows are the best test of competitiveness in that division.

Dawn
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply because Congess has moved this year, and Nationsl are in Tulsa too, We will attend worlds. Not certain of the other two. We may have to sit this one out at Congress, we just can't travel that far at this point.

The AMHA World Show for me. I've attended the others and participated in AMHR Nationals several years, but for me personally neither compare in fun, quality of the horses, quality of the organizational aspects of the show, and the events like the AMHA World Show. But it's really a personal preference and everyone will see things differently. And it depends on your horses obviously. If you have over 34" horses you probably aren't going to find the World Show that exciting. You want to see your own type of horses out there when your observing - at least I do.

Each has their strong points.

For us the hardest part in deciding where to go is missing some of the friends we see at the different type shows. Not getting to see the different groups really sucks. LOL
default_wink.png

This last year we showed at Congress and AMHR Nationals. But Cindy and the girls went to the World show to see everyone and the horses that were there.
default_biggrin.png

I would imagine this year we will end up doing some of the same, showing at Congress and then showing at either Worlds or Nationals. And going as spectators to the other one.
default_wub.png

I actually enjoyed watching the Congress show (our first) this last year and had the most fun I have at any show in the last 10 years or so. Neat horses, great people and a totally new experience for us anyway.
default_new_shocked.gif

This coming year Shetland Congress is in Ardmore, Oklahoma. Which is the first time it has been out of the east in many years so I hope a lot of our AMHA and AMHR friends can go and see it. I hope those of you tha do enjoy it as much as we did last year.
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_saludando.gif

We'll be going to AMHR Nationals this year. Only have one AMHA horse left. We won't be able to attend Congress like we have been doing. Just can't see two trips to Ok that close together. Really hate that because we really enjoy them both, but it will be Nationals for us.

I would have to say AMHR Nationals, all we have around us are R shows so it would make more sense to continue with points in AMHR and we are planning to finally make it to nationals this year!!! I would love to show AMHA but there is only one AMHA show in our area.

We are planning on our 1st Congress this year! I can't wait. of course we will be at AMHR Nationals too.

IMO I think the small time horse owner can do better at AMHR Nationals, and the AMHA Worlds is a trainer's show.

Thanks everyone for the input. I am hoping to be able to go to either the AMHA Worlds, Nationals or Congress just as a spectator this year. After spending all my life showing and going to Paint Horse Shows the miniature scene is a whole new ball game for me so I figured if I went to a couple local shows and a "big" show I would get a feel for what it is like and see if the showing would be something I would be interested in.
default_biggrin.png

Nationals without a doubt! Nothing more exciting then being at a show with 1500+ horses- large classes and lots of people

IMO I think the small time horse owner can do better at AMHR Nationals, and the AMHA Worlds is a trainer's show.
I agree!!!!!

I went to both this year and had a much better time at AMHR, AMHA had and has so much more political nonsense going on which really takes away from the fun, AMHR Nationals has a better family atmosphere where people are more sociable and pleasant to be around... If I had to pick one, I would say AMHR all the way
default_biggrin.png

Plus, I think the quality of horses at nationals is the same as AMHA Worlds and there is a alot more of them...

We can only go to one, AMHA, we started out AMHR which we love, but the pay backs in the A, usually pays for my entire show bill and then some in the futurities, 08 it was 6900! That was a great year, this year was just 1200.00

I find that I have as much fun at one as I do the other, we have been to both many times. A fan of both registries.

Also we no longer have any R shows in Colorado.

While I love Nationals, World will be my "choice'". AOTE is a custom fit for any "do it yourselfer". Not only does AMHA have AOTE but break down the Ammy and AOTE classes into two levels. Some of the classes at Nationals are bigger but in a Amateur class of 60 horses, at least half of which were handed to the Ammy by the trainer I don't see how they can be viewed as easier.
default_laugh.png

There is political bs that floats around at both, just because you don't hear it doesn't mean it isn't there.

We only own AMHR/ASPC horses, but choose the AMHR route, so we will be at Nationals again this year! Can't wait!!
default_biggrin.png

Can't go to any of them. But if I could I would go to AMHA Worlds. Because I only show AMHA.

I went to both this year and had a much better time at AMHR, AMHA had and has so much more political nonsense going on which really takes away from the fun
Ummm.... I hate to say it - but a lot of the same big name trainers and assorted drama and alleged politics are present at both AMHA Worlds and AMHR Nationals.

Neither one is free from that.

Amateurs win big at AMHA Worlds as well - it is not just a "trainers" show.

There is political bs that floats around at both, just because you don't hear it doesn't mean it isn't there.
Exactly right.

I can do neither now - I stay here and man the fort so everyone else can go!
default_biggrin.png
So I have to settle for internet feeds and regular calls to let me know how things are going....

The type of horses I prefer makes that choice for me. For the past several years I have gone taller, so AMHR is the choice. I did show some A shows a long time ago, but the shows or people had nothing to do with the change, just the horse. I have found great people at all shows! I have found well run shows and politics at all shows, I just stear clear of what I don't like and go towards where the fun is, no matter the registry.

I love Nationals and wouldn't miss it,but now that Mark is going to the World, I would sure like to go to there too. The last time I went to World Show, it was in Reno.

With Mark announcing it is like going to a show or the movies for 10 days. Hey wait a minute it is a show and I like being entertained. With his music and his comments, Mark can make it all fun and enjoyable to sit and watch. He keeps people in the stands. I hope I can be in those stands.

Latest posts

Back