All this talk of world show...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there are politics in everything, but this year I am looking for the best one to go to, that would have a variety of things to do and see and to get a feel for the miniature horse show. My mare
default_wub.png
is registered both AMHA/AMHR her foal
default_wub.png
will be eligible for both also. So not set on one or the other association.
default_wink.png

AMHR Nationals. Beautiful horses in BOTH miniature sizes and lots of friends to visit
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

LaVern, I couldn't agree more. Mark makes a show FUN!!! I am going to show at least one of my performance-nominated futurity babies at Worlds in 2012. I have also shown and attended AMHR Nationals. Very fun, interesting, and educational.

LOVE BOTH REGISTRIES. My horses are split exactly even, over and under. Five of each.
default_laugh.png

We will be at Congress this year, we attended our fist one last year and had the best time. We have been to Nationals every year but the way our show string is coming around it depends. We are only showing our babies from last year and one two year old, but they are also listed on the saleboard and will stay for sell until sold, so if they sell we may not have anything to take or qualified to go to Nationals. We may have to go just to shop tho!
default_smile.png

We do not have very many AMHA horses, have never shown AMHA, so World's isn't even in our plans.

I can't speak for the AMHR nationals as I have only shown AMHA so far. I have been to AMHA Worlds 3 times though and love them. As someone else said they have the AOTE program which gives us little farms a chance. I also show in the handicap classes. Will Rogers coliseum is the best set-up I have seen too with a lot of security. Alot of it too has to do with what qualifying shows are in your area

Barb

Well for us we have the luxury of attending all three shows, ASPC Congress (First of August), AMHR Nationals (first part of September) and AMHA Nationals (end of September).

For those of you that say you can't drive to Oklahoma for the Congress & AMHR Nationals this year, sorry you are going to miss a lot of fun. We will see more new faces and ponies than you have in the past just becasue of the move this year for Congress. We are going to have folks coming out of the woodwork that wouldn't travel to the Congress in Indiana the past two years. For my family traveling to Cloverdale Indiana was the same time frame (16 hours) as it was to Rantoul Illinois ( 16 hours) where Congress had been held. We've made that trekk many times the past ten years, so traveling long hours doesn't faze us. Plus I like getting out of my own corner of the world and taking my ponies to other areas to see how they will stack up. Don't be afraid to venture out of your back yard area of showing. One recent comment I've heard was that if you folks from up north sold ponies/minis to those in the south or west, then those ponies you sold must be culls and can't compete. I thought that comment was kinda strange until I heard the last part,....if they are culls and can't compete, then don't come because those culls you sold to those down south or west will be your next Congress, AMHR or AMHA champions. Well guess there could be some truth to that statement.

With the AMHA World show being in Ft. Worth (my back yard) people seem to forget it's further south (AMHA Worlds) than Tulsa (for AMHR Nationals) and even Ardmore (which is only three hours south of Tulsa on I 35) this year.

Glad to hear Mark is going to announce at the AMHA World show. Sorry, the last fella they have had the past few years was so boring and talked as if he had a mouth full of marbles you couldn't understand his annunciation. I hope for Mark they have the sound system set up better as he does a wonderful job keeping the show flowing and interesting.

I understand if you can't attend all three, especially for those of us that work full time jobs, getting the time off can be tricky. Pick the National show that will meet your needs (AMHR in Tulsa or AMHA in Ft Worth) and if you do have those double registered Shetland/Miniature, then don't let Congress being in Oklahoma stop you from coming. Those two shows are a month apart unlike the AMHR Nationals and AMHA Worlds both being in the month of September. Hope to see everyone at one of the national shows.

Karen

Latest posts

Back